Marketing and Communications ManagerAalto University
Aalto University is a community of bold thinkers where science and art meet technology and business. We shape a sustainable future by making research breakthroughs and innovations in and across our disciplines. We spark the game changers of tomorrow and create radical solutions to wicked global challenges. Our community is made up of over 12 000 students, 400 professors and close to 5 000 other faculty and staff working on our dynamic campus in Espoo, Greater Helsinki, Finland.
Career Design Lab is Aalto University’s new strategic initiative for supporting our students and alumni in career design and lifewide learning in the future of work. Our vision is to be a learning and collaboration space for sustainable careers, meaningful work and wellbeing.
We have an inclusive, innovative, international and impactful alumni network and Aalto University offers alumni a broad range of opportunities for networking and professional development throughout their lives.
We are now looking for a Marketing and Communications Manager
Your main areas of responsibility include
- Creating awareness and interest towards Aalto Career Design Lab services and our alumni network by developing and implementing marketing and communications
- Describing customer journeys and planning the marketing & communication actions around it and creating a seamless customer experience from student to alumni
- Defining targets and goals for the marketing and communications activities as well as measuring and analysing the data to improve results
- Developing and writing content for our newsletter, website, social media channels, and campaigns
Your background and ambitions
- Solid experience in impactful content creation, strong copywriting skills and an omni-channel approach to reach and engage with the target audiences and to reach the goals
- Fluency in spoken and written Finnish and English
- Creative mindset and curiosity to learn combined with an interest in building thought leadership in career design and future of work
- Proven track record in customer-centric communications and marketing planning, execution, measurement and development, preferably for at least 5 years
- Preferably marketing/communication education
What we offer
- Meaningful and inspiring environment. We are proud of our purpose to shape a sustainable future. We spark the game changers of tomorrow, and renew society with research-based knowledge, creativity and an entrepreneurial mindset.
- Culture that inspires and includes everyone. All our work is guided by the values of the university: responsibility, courage, and collaboration. It’s the people that create Aalto, now and in the future. We want to be an open community where equality and inclusion enable curiosity, innovation, collaboration and wellbeing.
- Responsible and meaningful role with true impact on career design and lifewide learning.
- Support, coaching and sparring when you feel you need it.
- Good possibilities for competence development and learning. We constantly keep learning to find the most impactful ways to empower – and invest in – our people.
- Flexible modern working culture. We value work-life balance and well-being in all aspects of life.
If you want to join our community, please submit your CV and cover letter (cover letter in Finnish) through our recruitment system by 31.8.2022.
If you wish to hear more about the position, you can reach out to Elisa Kouvonen, Head of Alumni and Career Services, email@example.com, 050 571 7599 (available by phone 17.8. at 9–10 and 24.8. at 9–10).
More about Aalto University: