ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 140,000 people. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and advisory, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.
We are looking for a Marine Academy Manager at ABB Oy, Marine and Ports unit in Helsinki, Vuosaari. You will be accountable for the profit and loss statement of the Marine Academy, both as a local manager in Finland and globally. In this position you will work closely with ship owners, operators and classification societies in an international business environment.
• Ensuring that the Marine Academy has a strategy that is aligned with key stakeholders, and that it is implemented according to plan
• Ensuring that training is integrated into sales activities as part of service sales as well as new sales
• A unique position in a growing marine service organization of more than 800 marine professionals worldwide
• The opportunity for personal development
• The opportunity to further your career in a global company.
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in engineering or marine background
• Several years’ training experience in an international environment
• A customer-focused mindset and excellent leadership skills
• The ability to work independently under pressure
• Excellent communication and negotiation skills
• Fluent written and spoken communication skills in English.
Ideally, you have
• Experience of ABB products and services
• Other language skills.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI63641452 by March 2, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Sami Lehikoinen, tel. +358 50 332 5594, best available on February 16 at 14-16, February 26 at 10-12 and February 27 at 14-16.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization and driving the Energy and Fourth Industrial Revolutions. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 136,000 employees. www.abb.com