Job Title: Manufacturing Engineers x 2
Location: Vantaa, Finland
Requisition ID: 161258BR
Application Date: 30th July 2021
Thermo Fisher Scientific Inc. is the world leader in serving science, with annual revenue exceeding $25 billion. Our Mission is to enable our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer. Whether our customers are accelerating life sciences research, solving complex analytical challenges, improving patient diagnostics and therapies or increasing productivity in their laboratories, we are here to support them. Our global team of more than 75,000 colleagues delivers an unrivaled combination of innovative technologies, purchasing convenience and pharmaceutical services through our industry-leading brands, including Thermo Scientific, Applied Biosystems, Invitrogen, Fisher Scientific, Unity Lab Services and Patheon. For more information, please visit www.thermofisher.com.
Our Finland locations include Vantaa and Joensuu, employing over 900 professionals supporting functions such as production, instrument and reagent manufacturing, R&D, marketing, sales, quality, administrative support and supply chain. We hire experts in different fields including engineering, chemistry, microbiology and bioinformatics. Our Vantaa site develops pipettes and microplate instruments and develops and manufactures clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers, laboratory automation solutions and food safety kits. It is conveniently located close to the Vantaankoski railway station. Please read more about Finnish sites, innovative work and collaborative colleagues at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/global/en/finland.
How will you make an impact?
Thermo Fisher scientific has an exciting opportunity for 2 x Manufacturing Engineers. Your responsibility is to develop, support and sustain Cascadion™ SM Clinical Analyzer manufacturing processes (mechanics) and Accessory Cabinet manufacturing including sub-assembly processes and in-process testing and tools.
Responsibility is also to develop and sustain Cascadion manufacturing supplier reclamation process and develop tools for Cascadion manufacturing statistical process control.
Essential tasks, responsibilities and authorizations
• Responsible for Cascadion manufacturing process technical support (mechanics)
• Responsible for part failure root cause analysis and corrective action planning and implementation
• Responsible for manufacturing and testing processes and testers incl. test software maintenance and update and related design/test/validate/document work
• Responsible for training of manufacturing team, other stakeholders and suppliers
• Responsible for updating the process risk assessment related to changes made to processes and testers
• Responsible for engineering change proposals and implementing engineering change orders related to all Cascadion design and bill of material changes
• Responsible for Cascadion related new products and design transfer projects: planning, documenting, proto assembling, validating and reporting
• Projects: participating part, sub-assembly design and manufacturing in-sourcing or out-sourcing projects (planning, instructions and stakeholder training)
• Responsible for Cascadion manufacturing process statistical process control development
Minimum Requirements/Qualifications for Education
• Technical degree and working experience from operations environment (2 years) or similar knowledge by working experience (4-5years)
Minimum Requirements for Experience and Skills
• Fluent spoken and written language skills (English, Finnish)
• PC literacy including MS Office, Agile, SAP S4/HANA and ME/MII
• Experience in LC-MS SWs is a benefit
• Experience in CAD
• Experience in ERP systems
• IVD products and requirements is a nice to have, other regulated products would be suitable
• Working experience in manufacturing and LEAN environment
• Position requires occasional travelling
Please send in your application, including a cover letter, CV (in one document) in English, apply via http://jobs.thermofisher.com/ by 30th July 2021 the latest. Please apply as soon as possible, the position will be filled as soon as suitable candidate is found.
Each one of our 75,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer: http://jobs.thermofisher.com