Thermo Fisher Scientific Oy
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Our Finland locations include Vantaa and Joensuu, employing over 900 professionals supporting functions such as production, instrument and reagent manufacturing, R&D, marketing, sales, quality, administrative support and supply chain. We hire experts in different fields including engineering, chemistry, microbiology and bioinformatics. Our Vantaa site develops and manufactures pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers, laboratory automation solutions and food safety kits. It is conveniently located close to the Vantaankoski railway station. Please read more about Finnish sites, innovative work and collaborative colleagues at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/page/show/Finland.
Read how our software professionals in Finland are enjoying our innovative work atmosphere and the role they are playing in helping humankind: https://tyopaikat.oikotie.fi/merkityksellista-tyoelamaa/software-engineering-that-matters.
How will you make an impact?
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer / Tuotantoinsinööri to join our Operations organization for microbiology business in Vantaa, Finland. You are an active, project work oriented person who can work independently but also in good co-operation with diverse individuals and comfortably navigate between R&D engineering, QARA and manufacturing organizations. Our international working environment, fast paced working rhythm and sometimes rapidly changing operational environment require flexibility, understanding of big picture and continuous learning.
What will you do?
You will be working in an exciting global project to introduce a new instrument and to develop our Vantaa Operations as a center of excellence for IVD instruments. On a long term you will be supporting the manufacturing in Vantaa and subcontractors globally.
Your main tasks will be
- Document plans, processes, tools, equipment and reports
- Support development of assembly processes
- Support development of in-process testing
- Support design and build/purchase equipment needed in testing
- Execute process validation
- Participate assembling and testing of proto products
- Offer technical support for Vantaa manufacturing and for subcontractors manufacturing subassemblies, typically in co-operation with R&D
How will you get here?
You have strong problem-solving, communications and leadership skills with background in manufacturing engineering, mechanics, electronics or relevant field. You will be an integral part ensuring manufacturing support and productivity of new as well as existing products.
We expect you to have
- Several years work experience in manufacturing engineering support or similar role
- Experience in documenting and reporting
- Experience in implementing technical equipments to manufacturing process
- Experience in designing and/or setting up in-process testing
- Experience in setting up manufacturing line and in process validation
- Experience in working in projects
- Bachelor or Masters degree in mechanics, electronics, automation, manufacturing engineering or equivalent field
- Good communication skills in spoken and written Finnish and English
Additionally we value:
- Knowledge of FDA/In Vitro regulated diagnostic products manufacturing and related authority requirements
- Experience in use of PDM and/or ERP (SAP) system
- Experience in use of CAD tools (Solid works preferred), Dispatcher and/or MS Office tools
Please send in your application, including a cover letter and CV in English. Please apply via http://adtrk.tw/tp/rj6-2SfxN-I.K by 15th of September. Reference: 102094BR.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact Manager, Manufacturing Operators Riitta Karvo (firstname.lastname@example.org) .
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer: http://jobs.thermofisher.com