Thermo Fisher Scientific Oy
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Our Finland locations include Vantaa and Joensuu, employing over 900 professionals supporting functions such as production, instrument and reagent manufacturing, R&D, marketing, sales, quality, administrative support and supply chain. We hire experts in different fields including engineering, chemistry, microbiology and bioinformatics. Our Vantaa site develops and manufactures pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers, laboratory automation solutions and food safety kits. It is conveniently located close to the Vantaankoski railway station. Please read more about Finnish sites, innovative work and collaborative colleagues at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/page/show/Finland.
Read how our software professionals in Finland are enjoying our innovative work atmosphere and the role they are playing in helping humankind: https://tyopaikat.oikotie.fi/merkityksellista-tyoelamaa/software-engineering-that-matters.
How will you make an impact?
We are looking for a Manufacturing Engineer / Tuotantoinsinööri to join our Operations organization for CMS business IVD analyzer manufacturing engineering team in Vantaa, Finland. We are looking for an experienced engineer with strong hands-on problem-solving, communications and leadership skills with background in manufacturing engineering, mechanics or relevant field. You are active, work oriented team player who works independently but also comfortably navigates between R&D engineering, QARA, sourcing and manufacturing organizations. Our international working environment, fast paced working rhythm and sometimes rapidly changing operational environment require flexibility and continuous learning.
What will you do?
You will be working in an exciting global company to introduce a new instrument and to develop our Vantaa Operations as a center of excellence for IVD instruments.
Your main tasks will be
- Develop and support assembly and in-process testing processes
- Design and build equipment needed for testing (analyzer manufacturing and sub-assembling)
- Technical support for Vantaa manufacturing and for subcontractors manufacturing sub-assemblies, typically in co-operation with R&D
- Participate new product manufacturing capability scaling up
- Engineering change implementation to manufacturing (PLM system)
- Non-conformance handling process
- Failure root-cause analysis, corrective action planning, and implementation
- Process risk assessments
- Execute process validations and documentations
How will you get here?
- Several year work experience in manufacturing engineering support or similar role
- Bachelor or Master degree in mechanical, automation, manufacturing engineering or equivalent field
- Experience in implementing technical equipment to manufacturing process
- Experience in documenting and reporting
- Knowledge of versatile manufacturing and testing technologies/methods preferred
- Knowledge of testing as well as test designing preferred
- Experience in setting and scaling up manufacturing line and in process validation
- Good communication skills in spoken and written Finnish and English
Additionally we value:
- Knowledge of FDA/In Vitro regulated diagnostic products manufacturing and related authority requirements
- Experience in use of PLM and/or ERP system SAP
- Experience in use of CAD tools (Solid works preferred) and/or MS Office tools
- Knowledge of methods, devices, electronics and liquid chromatography
Please send in your application, including a cover letter and CV in English. Please apply via http://adtrk.tw/tp/rj6-1GYTw-I-K by 15th of September. Reference: 102022BR.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact PE Manager Nina Björkman-Rintala (email@example.com) or Senior Global Value Stream Manager Jan Jouslehto (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer: http://jobs.thermofisher.com