Thermo Fisher Scientific Oy
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Our Finland locations include Vantaa and Joensuu, employing over 900 professionals supporting functions such as production, instrument and reagent manufacturing, R&D, marketing, sales, quality, administrative support and supply chain. We hire experts in different fields including engineering, chemistry, microbiology and bioinformatics. Our Vantaa site develops and manufactures pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers, laboratory automation solutions and food safety kits. It is conveniently located close to the Vantaankoski railway station. Please read more about Finnish sites, innovative work and collaborative colleagues at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/page/show/Finland.
Read how our software professionals in Finland are enjoying our innovative work atmosphere and the role they are playing in helping humankind: https://tyopaikat.oikotie.fi/merkityksellista-tyoelamaa/software-engineering-that-matters.
How will you make an impact?
We are looking for an active team player who is capable of driving multiple initiatives at the same time. You enjoy working with high technology products and have good cooperation skills but also ability to work independently in a fast pace working environment.
What will you do?
You will be working in production support for existing analyzers as well as in design transfer projects for new products together with production, R&D, sourcing and quality departments.
Your main tasks will be
- Supporting production with technical matters and root cause analysis in manufacturing process
- Sustaining and developing processes and tools for assembly production and testing
- Coordinating implementation of changes into in-house production and into subcontractors
- Documentation of plans, reports, standard operation procedures and work instructions
- Participation in design transfer projects for new products
How will you get here?
- Technician or Bachelor’s / Master’s degree in mechanical, automation or production engineering or equivalent field
- Fluent communication skills in spoken and written Finnish and English
- Experience in project work
- Good IT skills and experience in MS Office tools
- Knowledge of production environment and manufacturing technologies/methods
Additionally we value:
- Work experience in manufacturing / production / process engineering
- Knowledge of ERP systems (SAP preferred)
- Knowledge of Lean principles, Value Stream Mapping and process control
- Experience in process verification & validation and/or IVD regulations
Please send in your application, including a cover letter and CV in English. Please apply via http://adtrk.tw/tp/rj6_QFqyA.I.K by 1st of September. Reference: 100745BR.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position - please contact Production Manager Outi Innilä at +358 40 8365 087 on Friday 23rd of August or Wednesday 28th of Aug at 12:00-14:00.
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.
Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer: http://jobs.thermofisher.com .