Manufacturing Engineer / Tuotantoinsinööri
Thermo Fisher Scientific Oy
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Our Finland locations include Vantaa and Joensuu, employing over 900 professionals supporting functions such as production, instrument and reagent manufacturing, R&D, marketing, sales, quality, administrative support and supply chain. We hire experts in different fields including engineering, chemistry, microbiology and bioinformatics. Our Vantaa site develops and manufactures pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers, laboratory automation solutions and food safety kits. It is conveniently located close to the Vantaankoski railway station. Please read more about Finnish sites, innovative work and collaborative colleagues at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/page/show/Finland.
Read how our software professionals in Finland are enjoying our innovative work atmosphere and the role they are playing in helping humankind: https://tyopaikat.oikotie.fi/merkityksellista-tyoelamaa/software-engineering-that-matters.
How will you make an impact?
We are looking for a proactive Manufacturing Engineer with a background in chemistry, biosciences, laboratory sciences or other applied natural sciences, with a knowhow or interest in process engineering. Ideally you have experience of production processes in a regulated industry. You will support production processes of existing products and design transfer of new products into manufacturing in the Clinical Diagnostics Solutions business unit of Vantaa Operations organization. In addition, you will be responsible for maintaining and updating the manufacturing documentation and managing common operational system instructions in the area of own responsibility. One of the responsibilities is managing the customer feedback investigation of the products. Furthermore, you will be involved in validation planning, execution and reporting of various manufacturing related processes. The position is fixed-term until 31st of August 2020.
What will you do?
- Lead annual stability plans preparation, execution, data processing, reporting and documentation for clinical and industrial diagnostics products, supporting regulative and other quality requirements.
- Act as one responsible person in the validation planning, execution, data processing, reporting and documentation for the manufacturing processes of new products, or existing ones requiring revalidation.
- Participate in design transfers of new products from the R&D phase into production and product ramp ups, and to manage all the data generating and documentation actions related to these tasks.
- Support the manufacturing of clinical and industrial diagnostic products by maintaining the products’ structures (BOM) and manufacturing instructions, and developing the existing manufacturing processes. The products portfolio includes also some plastic consumables like cuvettes that may need to be managed.
You can work independently, are able to make analysis and draw conclusions, and have the ability to generate reports and manage the documentation. You communicate efficiently with different counterparties in the organization and want to learn new skills. Thermo Fisher Scientific will provide you with an environment of challenging work, growth and development through the course of your career.
How will you get here?
- BSc in chemistry, biosciences (e.g. biochemistry, microbiology) or other related field, Laboratory Technician/Analyst or a person with equivalent education and relevant working experience can also be considered as an applicable candidate. Laboratory working experience is beneficial.
- Knowledge of production management systems and production processes is preferred. Interest and understanding in process engineering and process development is beneficial.
- Strong analytical skills and a proactive problem solving competence with other stakeholders.
- Sufficient computer skills and experience in MS Office package.
- Organized, flexible, persistent and proactive way of working.
- Fluent communication skills in spoken and written Finnish and English.
Additionally we value:
- Knowledge of ISO13485 and ISO9001 standards and understanding of validation requirements.
- Knowledge of IVD quality requirements and regulations and validation requirements.
- Knowledge and experience on statistical methods when analyzing data and reporting results.
- ERP knowledge (especially SAP) and understanding of Product Lifecycle Management systems.
Please send in your application, including a cover letter and CV in English. Please apply via http://adtrk.tw/tp/rj6.kKwEZ.I_K by 6th of October. Reference: 103892BR. Please apply as soon as possible, the position will be filled as soon as suitable candidate is found.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position – please contact Heikki Ryynänen, Production Manager, 010 329 2151 (25.9. 14:00–15:00 or 2.10. 14:00–15:00).
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally. Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer: http://jobs.thermofisher.com