Manufacturing Engineer / Tuotantoinsinööri
Thermo Fisher Scientific Oy
When you’re part of Thermo Fisher Scientific, you’ll do challenging work, and be part of a team that values performance, quality and innovation. As part of a successful, growing global organization you will be encouraged to perform at your best. With revenues of more than $24 billion and the largest investment in R&D in the industry, we give our people the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Our Finland locations include Vantaa and Joensuu, employing over 900 professionals supporting functions such as production, instrument and reagent manufacturing, R&D, marketing, sales, quality, administrative support and supply chain. We hire experts in different fields including engineering, chemistry, microbiology and bioinformatics. Our Vantaa site develops and manufactures pipettes, microplate instruments, magnetic particle processing systems as well as clinical chemistry and industrial chemistry analyzers, laboratory automation solutions and food safety kits. It is conveniently located close to the Vantaankoski railway station. Please read more about Finnish sites, innovative work and collaborative colleagues at https://jobs.thermofisher.com/page/show/Finland.
Read how our software professionals in Finland are enjoying our innovative work atmosphere and the role they are playing in helping humankind: https://tyopaikat.oikotie.fi/merkityksellista-tyoelamaa/software-engineering-that-matters.
How will you make an impact?
We are looking for a proactive Manufacturing Engineer with a background in mechanical or automation technology, or other applied technical sciences, with a knowhow or interest in process engineering. You are able to work independently, able to make analysis and draw conclusions, and have the ability to generate reports and manage the documentation. You communicate efficiently with different counterparties in the organization and want to learn new skills. Thermo Fisher Scientific will provide you with an environment of challenging work, growth and development through the course of your career.
What will you do?
- Lead new instrument investment projects for A&A Reagents’ production, including specifications setting, validation plan preparation, validation execution, data processing, reporting and documentation.
- Develop existing processes and instrumentation for the Reagents’ production and quality control.
- Participate in design transfers of new products from the R&D phase into production and product ramp ups, and especially to manage the implications for the manufacturing instrumentation and capacity.
- Support production with technical matters and root cause analysis in the manufacturing processes.
- Manage with QA the use and calibration of measuring instruments process at Thermo Vantaa facility.
Ideally you have an experience of production processes and instrumentation in a regulated industry. You will manage new instrumentation projects in the Reagents’ Manufacturing Team of Analyzers & Automation Business Unit at Vantaa. The process includes setting up the specification for the instrumentation, validation planning and execution, results analysis and reporting, and documentation. In addition, you will support production processes with the existing instruments and be responsible for timely re-validations, calibrations and documentation update for the manufacturing instrumentation in the area of own responsibility.
How will you get here?
- Technician or Bachelor's / Master's degree in mechanical, automation or production engineering, or equivalent education with relevant working experience can be considered as an applicable candidate.
- Knowledge of production environment and manufacturing technologies and production processes is preferred. Interest and understanding in process engineering and process development is beneficial.
- Good computer skills and experience in MS Office package.
- Organized, flexible, persistent and proactive way of working.
- Fluent communication skills in spoken and written Finnish and English.
Additionally we value:
- Knowledge of ISO13485 and ISO9001 standards and understanding of validation requirements.
- Work experience in manufacturing / production / process engineering
- Knowledge of IVD quality requirements and regulations and validation requirements.
- ERP knowledge (SAP preferred) and understanding of Product Lifecycle Management systems.
Please send in your application, including a cover letter and CV in English. Please apply via http://adtrk.tw/tp/rj6.BTQy8-I-K/ by 6th of October. Reference: 103895BR. Please apply as soon as possible, the position will be filled as soon as suitable candidate is found.
If you have questions about Thermo Fisher Scientific and/or the position – please contact Heikki Ryynänen, Production Manager, 010 329 2151 (25.9. 14:00–15:00, or 2.10. 14:00–15:00).
Each one of our 70,000 extraordinary minds has a unique story to tell. It’s not just a career, it’s a chance to realise your best – professionally and personally.Join us and contribute to our mission—enabling our customers to make the world healthier, cleaner and safer: http://jobs.thermofisher.com