Manager, Technology Commercialization
Are you looking for the next move in your career and a chance to develop and train yourself professionally?
If you are interested in opportunities for growth at work and ways for you to both share and sharpen your skills and knowledge, we are interested in you.
We are currently looking for a
Manager, Technology Commercialization
to join our Chemical Recycling team in Espoo.
Your part in Neste journey
Chemical Recycling is a fast growing, entrepreneurial team within Neste Renewable Polymers and Chemicals. Neste is committed to become a solution provider for chemical recycling of plastic waste and, by 2030, Neste has the ambition to process over 1 million tons of waste plastic to new plastics, chemicals and fuels. Efficient and reliable liquefaction technologies are in a key role in building an end-to-end technical solution. To build access to winning technologies, Neste is working closely with selected strategic partners.
As Manager, Technology Commercialization, you support building a portfolio of liquefaction-related technologies and lead the collaboration and co-development with selected external partners to accelerate commercial technology deployment. In addition, you may be engaged in internal technology development for pretreatment and upgrading of the liquefied waste plastic.
In your role, you will:
- Manage collaboration and co-development with strategic technology partners and own Neste relationship with those partners
- Ensure internal support, resourcing and contract framework for external collaboration and secure the delivery of Neste part in the collaboration
- Identify and evaluate potential partners and new technology opportunities together with Neste Innovation
- Drive in-depth technology studies (e.g. due diligence) together with Neste Engineering Solutions
- Support internal technology development for pretreatment and upgrading of the liquefied waste plastic
- Participate in defining technology strategy for Chemical Recycling
You will work closely with Chemical Recycling business team, Neste Innovation and Neste Engineering Solutions to identify and evaluate potential partners, build collaboration and ensure fit to Neste’s internal operations. Our work combines accountability, cooperation, and the desire to develop and renew. Working safely at all times is essential to all of us.
We have a small team of experts working with Technology Commercialization within Chemical Recycling. Our team is responsible for defining technology strategy, identifying and evaluating potential technologies, building partnerships with selected technology developers and coordinating internal as well as external technology development.
Keys to success in this role
The best combination of experiences, skills and background is:
- At least Master’s degree from a relevant field, e.g. Engineering, Technology, Chemistry
- Good knowhow on engineering, process design and/or techno-economic evaluations of technologies
- Advanced project management skills
- Strategic mindset, ability to understand the big picture
- Fluent written and spoken command of English
- Willingness to travel
We also value
- Ability to understand complex technology concepts and communicate them concisely and understandably to non-engineers
- Advanced collaboration and negotiation skills
- Presentation skills
In accordance, we believe in people who find new ways of doing things – people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills. Customer mindset is essential to all of us at Neste and we work hard to find the best solutions for our customers. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. If all this, as well as our values on responsibility, cooperation, innovation and excellence resonate with you, you are the talent we are looking for.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with Outi Teräs, Head of Technology Commercialization, preferably by email email@example.com or by sending a call-back request by SMS to +358 50 458 2161.
Please submit your application by October 20th.
The recruitment process includes interviews and aptitude tests. The first interviews are preliminary scheduled to take place latest by end of week 45.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.