Manager, Supply Chain
We are looking for a Manager, Supply Chain to join our UPM Plywood Supply Chain team. This position is located in Lahti, Finland.
UPM Plywood offers high quality WISA® plywood and veneer products for construction, vehicle flooring, LNG shipbuilding, parquet manufacturing and other industrial applications. In 2019 UPM Plywood sales was EUR 450 million and it had 2,400 employees. UPM has six plywood mills and one veneer mill in Finland as well as plywood mills in Russia and Estonia. – www.wisaplywood.com
Greetings from your future manager
“This position offers you a great opportunity to be at the core of modern Supply Chain planning. You will be in a key role working together with our Supply Chain stakeholders, leading by example and finding solutions to modern challenges. Fact-orientated decision making, do what you say, and hardworking attitude will enable success in this position. We are looking for an energetic person with excellent communication skills and practical approach to challenges.” – Tuomo Nummela, Senior Manager, Supply Chain
What you will do
You will lead our monthly Sales and Operation planning process in co-operation with Plywood Management, Sales, and Production. You will strive for excellence with you own team and colleagues in Sales and Operation execution. You will provide valuable insights and build awareness and transparency within key stakeholders. As a key part of successful company your contribution will have a significant effect to overall performance and customer satisfaction. Your main tasks include:
- Leading monthly Demand and Supply planning (S&OP)
- Managing Sales and Operation execution with Supply Chain Specialists
- Planning and monitoring service stock inventories
- Following capacity utilization in mills and sales orders backlog
- Developing processes and tools related to Supply Chain planning
- Participating and influencing in Sales Management
Who you are
- You preferably have a university degree in a relevant field, experience in supply chain or in production planning are considered as an asset
- You are analytical, agile and strive for perfection
- You are comfortable working under pressure and have excellent communication and teamwork skills
- You are development-oriented, and you have a mindset for continuous improvement
- You are fluent in written and spoken English
For us at UPM safety is an essential part of our everyday operations. Our goal is that no accidents happen at our workplace. Adopting a safety mindset and committing oneself to the common rules and willingness to promote them through one’s own actions are characteristics that we expect from every UPM:er.
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
For further information, please contact Tuomo Nummela, phone +358400254582, on 23.7.2020 at 13-14, 24.7.2020 at 13-14, 13.8.2020 at 10-12, or 14.8.2020 at 10-12.
Please send your application via the link by 16.8.2020.
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.