Manager Software Engineering R&D
Sartorius Biohit Liquid Handling Oy
Would you like to set new standards in a dynamic international environment by taking part in contributing innovative ideas? Are you a co-operative team player with a positive can-do attitude, a structured approach to work and a high level of commitment?
We are now looking for an enthusiastic
Manager for Software Engineering
with a passion for science, technology and innovation. This position is based in Herttoniemi, Helsinki, Finland and will report to Head of Product Development.
What you can look forward to accomplishing:
- Leading a team of highly skilled software and embedded systems development professionals
- Developing personnel, tools and processes for long-term success
- Managing selected and strategic development projects in the area of digital lab connectivity and/or automation
- Playing a key role in future product innovation and roadmap by understanding the customer needs and technology trends in the area of digital connectivity and automation
- Collaborating with other R&D teams, Product Management and Operations to ensure alignment of development efforts to meet common goals
- Building long-term technology & competence roadmap together with other stakeholders in local and global level
- Job profile can be tailored depending on applicant’s experience and personal preference
Skills and experience that you need to bring to our company:
- Master/Bachelor level degree or similar education in the relevant technology area
- Proven experience in people and software development management in agile environment
- Practical experience in running and developing processes and tools for continuous integration and release management
- You should be familiar with modern IoT technologies to lead your team. Used technologies include e.g. C/C++, Embedded RTOS (ARM Mbed), Microsoft .NET technologies and services, wireless connectivity protocols.
- Good communication and collaboration skills to support work in cross-functional teams
- Proactive personality and commitment to succeed in the given tasks
- Experience of embedded environments and electronics beneficial.
- Capability to run several projects in parallel
- Strong customer focus. Experience in laboratory and biopharma industries beneficial
- Knowledge in the area of related regulatory requirements and quality systems beneficial (i.e. ISO 13485 IVD, IEC 61010)
- Fluent English skills (spoken and written). Finnish beneficial
- Willingness to travel occasionally by participating in global project and customer meetings
Why work at Sartorius?
- Our world-leading laboratory products enable scientists to develop innovative medications to combat serious illnesses. Be a part of this!
- In this position you are able to set the direction for the digitalization of Sartorius liquid handling portfolio
- Agile working in projects and an open culture are givens at Sartorius. We offer a possibility to work in a highly agile R&D unit where software integrates to electronical and mechanical solutions. To support this we have world-class prototyping tools including high-end 3D printers and full machine shop capabilities including staff to support the projects
- Great possibilities for career development. Sartorius supports international job rotation and offers individual career paths for experts and managers
- Stable working environment as a part of highly sustainable company
- International collaboration: Sartorius is present in 110 countries and employs people from 80 nations
- The wellbeing of our employees is very important for us. Therefore we offer flexible work environment, extensive occupational healthcare services, opportunities for learning and development and supported lunch and wellbeing services
- To make Sartorius a great place to work we support our company values: Sustainability, Openness and Enjoyment. At Sartorius work and fun go together!
Does the position offered match your skill set? If yes, we look forward to receiving your job application in English (including your CV, salary request and the earliest date you can start working) to this address: email@example.com. We will start interviewing suitable candidates right away, so apply now!
For more information, please contact Hannes Jantunen, Head of Product Development at firstname.lastname@example.org
Find out more about us: https://www.sartorius.com/en