Manager, Site Operations
Do you have the capability to lead international construction projects? Can you lead a multicultural team scattered around the world? If so, this is your opportunity!
We are looking for an experienced person to manage and develop our construction management activities in Valmet’s Pulp and Energy Business Line, Wood and Pulp Handling business unit. This unit designs and delivers wood handling systems and pulp drying lines for pulp and energy producers worldwide.
Manager, Site Operations main responsibilities are
- to ensure our construction sites are managed professionally.
- to make sure the processes and tools guiding our construction work are up-to-date and constantly improved.
- to be the direct manager for site managers and specialist supervisors that work on our construction sites globally, and you will also source and manage a pool of subcontracted supervisor resources.
- to oversee the sites from mobilization to closure.
- during the site activities to follow-up the safety level, progress and budget.
- to support the project and site management by offering solutions and participating in dispute negotiations.
In addition to running the operations you need to improve our way of working to drive our competitiveness and predictability. You will have a key role in our organization, providing an essential link between our sites and the home office. You will work in close cooperation with the managers of other departments as well.
You have Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Construction or Engineering and you should have at least 10 years of experience from EPC construction teams as well as project management. Leading a multicultural team remotely will require solid line management experience.
- You are fully competent with modern tools and processes used in construction management and have a proven ability to develop them further.
- You know the best practices and how to apply them to different circumstances.
- You are capable of developing your area of work independently and be sure of your vision and have the ways to get others on board.
During your career you have also spent a lot of time on industrial scale construction sites and you have excellent interpersonal skills to build trust in your network, motivate people and manage different expectations.
We offer you an extremely exciting, varying and challenging job with good development opportunities in a global industry.
For more information please call Marko Pennanen, Director, Projects Operations, +358 46 9222 944.
Please fill out our electronic application form with your CV by March 31st, 2019. We will be reviewing candidates already during the application period, so act quick!
Join the team and share the feeling of making a difference!
When everything works together
Valmet is where the best talent from a wide variety of backgrounds comes together. With 12,000 professionals around the world, we are the leading global developer and supplier of technologies, automation and services for the pulp, paper and energy industries. Our commitment to moving our customers’ performance forward requires creativity, technological innovations, service know-how – and above all, teamwork. Join the team! www.valmet.com/careers