Manager, Process Design Record to Report
Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are now looking for a Manager, Process Design specialized in Record to Report process to join us at UPM Finance & Control Development organization to design and develop financial processes for and with the whole Finance & Control team. The position is located in Tampere or in Helsinki, Finland.
At UPM Finance and Control Development, we lead, resource and deliver strategic, transformation change initiatives at UPM Finance. We are ambassadors of data driven culture and thrive for excellence in F&C service design and delivery. We work in close co-operation with other F&C teams in Finance Operations and Business Control, as well as with teams in UPM businesses and IT.
Greetings from your future colleague Heikki
“During my career I have been working in and for numerous finance organizations. I can say with pride that UPM’s finance and control development is an outstanding unit packed with highly skilled and motivated individuals. Our line of work includes a wide range of finance-related development initiatives; process & service design, system implementations and project management to name just a few examples. One of the greatest things about working at UPM are the highly skilled and supportive colleagues. Every day is a great learning opportunity and we are well on our way beyond traditional finance roles and competences. UPM’s vision is to become world class finance organization and the development unit is playing a key role in achieving that ambitious yet tempting goal. We are using and adopting advanced technologies and finance organization’s competence is developing on rapid phase. UPM’s vision as a leading ’Beyond fossils’ company is something which is also very easy to stand behind. Looking forward to getting a new addition to our team and future cooperation.”
What you’ll do
As a Manager, Process Design specialized in financial accounting related processes you are participating, and partly driving, a large variety of development initiatives ranging from short term special projects to long term process changes, including technology implementation. You are focusing on statutory and tax reporting as well as lease accounting processes. Currently S/4 SAP is one of your interest areas in your scope of technologies you are working with, added with the special flavor of financial accounting. Your role is focused on supporting finance template feasibility, design and implementation in S/4 projects, including basic functionalities of financial accounting and named integrations to finance in area of record to report process. In your role you can variate between deep expertise, coaching and supporting other SAP module integrations in your area. With your contribution we are driving optimized business process design and improved user experience. Your toolbox will include methodologies like process design and process modelling, and solutions in the area of analytics, and process mapping.
Your main tasks will include:
- Participating in design and implementation of meaningful, value adding business processes for Record to Report area with focus on Statutory and Tax reporting and Lease accounting process parts
- Driving, initiating and supporting Finance & Control Process and technology development focusing on financial accounting related processes
- Looking inside and outside of UPM to map new methodologies, technologies and ideas
- Giving your views and contribution on Finance & Control development road map
- Leading the change management activities including active communication and guidance of contributors and stakeholders, process documentation, end-user trainings
- Participating in additional initiatives as contributor, this includes initiatives in any development stage
- Ensuring the successful handover to support organization upon project closure
Who you are
- You have a Master’s degree in Economics and Business Administration or similar education with more than 4 years of relevant experience in developing business processes, with a solid understanding of finance flows and technical accounting skills especially related to financial accounting
- You have end-to-end process understanding with knowledge how finance is integrated to an end-to-end process
- You have experience in process and solutions development in Record to Report area
- You have an understanding about business and data architecture and ability to interpret those into finance processes and vice versa as well as good understanding of master data’s role as a part of the Record to Report process
- You have a result-driven mindset, and you’re committed to deliver on time
- You want to be part of driving change
- You have an internal motivation to experiment, learn fast and study new things
- You are fluent in English and have experience from international business environment
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact Inka Grahn, Director Business Process Design, Finance & Control, tel. +358407686129 during the following times: on 9th of August, at 9-10 am EET, on 12th of August at 10-11 am EET, on 14th of August at 3-4 pm EET or on 16th of August at 9-10 am EET.
Please apply via the link above and attach your CV and cover letter by 16th of August, 2019. We are looking forward to your application.
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.