Manager, PR & Communications
Polar Electro Oy
Listening to your body is one thing, understanding what it is telling you is entirely different story. Turning the raw data into actionable guidance and serve our customers has been our passion for many decades. We help people from top athletes to active fitness customers to track their training and recovery, daily activity and sleep; in order to improve performance and enjoy a healthier lifestyle and wellbeing. We put it down to a unique combination of expertise in sports, physiology and electronics.
Manager, PR & Communications
Are you ready to go the distance? Polar Electro, pioneers in wearable sports technology, is looking for a hands-on PR and Communications Manager to help drive brand and company awareness and visibility on both the Finnish and global stages, as well as own and evolve its internal employee communications. This is a rare opportunity work with an incredible team and an iconic brand that is rapidly expanding as the world turns more and more towards health, fitness and sports.
This role is all about planning, action and execution. As the Manager of PR and Communications, you will be responsible for developing and driving Polar’s global and Finnish communications strategy and tactics, ensuring continued growth and expansion across a variety of media and categories.
Reporting to the CMO and serving as the first point of contact for global media, you will directly work alongside and manage Polar’s global PR agency (based in Amsterdam) and support local Polar markets in delivering exceptional results for all subsequent PR activations – including product launches, corporate communications and brand activations. As we are a multinational company with offices, partners and employees around the globe, experience with international brands and teams is essential, as well as business-level fluency in English.
Furthermore, as a company rooted in Finland with offices in Kempele (HQ), Jyväskylä, Tampere and Espoo, the Manager of PR and Communications will also lead and execute Polar’s Finnish corporate communications tactics, serving as the first point of contact and driver for company-related press and communications enquiries. As such, a strong media network and experience in domestic Finnish PR and communications, in addition to native fluency in Finnish, is required.
In addition, the Manager of PR & Communications will also serve as the primary owner and driver of all internal Polar employee communications.
Although a global position, you must be living and based in Finland, (ideally the capital region, but we are open to candidates based elsewhere throughout Finland). Like most, we are all currently working remotely, however once life goes “back to normal” some travel might be required to our headquarters in Kempele.
We are a close-knit family who depends on and supports each other on a daily basis. So most importantly, we expect you to have a positive, hands-on, “roll-up-your-sleeves-and-do-it” attitude. We are all in it to win it together.
If you think you have what it takes and are ready to seize this amazing opportunity, let us know.
- Collaborate with other key stakeholders in the creation and development of Polar’s global and Finnish corporate and brand communication strategy and head execution and tactics, including product announcements, business updates/news, and other major PR beats
- Manage and coordinate PR activities in areas where Polar does not have local presences
- Plan, create, manage and execute all internal Polar employee communication tactics and strategies
- Serve as first point of contact for global consumer brand enquiries, as well as all corporate Finland-based press enquiries
- Expand Polar’s global and Finnish media network by establishing and cultivating relationships with key journalists, publications, and bloggers to ensure continued growth and coverage in lifestyle, health, wellbeing, tech, sports and business trade.
- Guide and manage relationship with Polar’s lead global PR agency, based in Amsterdam
- Set global and Finnish PR KPIs and effectively measure and share output to relevant stakeholders
- Coordinate with relevant internal stakeholders to develop aligned and “always on” PR tactics to drive continuous conversation
- Define crisis communications strategy and guidelines
- Set guidelines for and support top management communications tactics, including speaking engagements, media interviews, and internal communications
- Support and regularly coordinate with local Polar markets on various PR matters, including insights, processes, reporting, major beats, announcements, guidelines, etc
Qualifications / Skills
- Bachelors or Masters degree in English, Journalism, Marketing, or Communications
- A very hands-on, solution-oriented and positive mindset is the key to succeeding in this role.
- Proven experience in global and local (Finland) communications and public relations. Experience in the sports/wellbeing categories is considered a plus, but not a requirement.
- Proven experience in day-to-day management of communications agencies
- Native Finnish fluency, with excellent command of English, both written and verbal.
- Digitally savvy with proven ability to drive digital-first PR and comms in inventive and effective ways
- Excellent inter-team communications skills and a confident, hands-on ability to speak on behalf of the company and its products
- Self-starter with ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
Focused and organized, and able to provide comprehensive updates, guidance and feedback for internal stakeholders
For further information please contact Mr. Justin Chacona, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you are interested, please send your application and CV via https://tinyurl.com/2wttbazf no later than March 14, 2021. Please indicate your salary request in the application.
- Ilmoitusnumero: 1425542
- Tehtäväalue: Markkinointi ja media, Viestintä
- Työsuhde: Vakituinen työsuhde
- Työn tyyppi: Kokopäiväinen
- Hakuosoite: www-osoite
- Sijainti: Ahvenanmaa, Etelä-Karjala, Etelä-Pohjanmaa, Etelä-Savo, Kainuu, Keski-Pohjanmaa, Keski-Suomi, Kymenlaakso, Lappi, Pirkanmaa, Pohjanmaa, Pohjois-Karjala, Pohjois-Pohjanmaa, Pohjois-Savo, Päijät-Häme, Satakunta, Uusimaa, Varsinais-Suomi