Manager, Operational Security
Finnair is a network airline specialising in passenger and cargo traffic between Asia and Europe. Helsinki’s geographical location gives Finnair a competitive advantage, since the fastest connections between many European destinations and Asian megacities fly over Finland. Finnair’s vision is to offer its passengers a unique Nordic experience, and its mission is to offer the smoothest, fastest connections in the northern hemisphere via Helsinki and the best network to the world from its home markets. Finnair is the only Nordic carrier with a 4-star Skytrax ranking and a member of the oneworld alliance. In 2016, Finnair’s revenues amounted to EUR 2,317 million and it had a personnel of 4,940 at the year-end. Finnair Plc’s shares are quoted on Nasdaq Helsinki.
We are now looking for a motivated and communicative talent to join our Security Management Unit as a
MANAGER, OPERATIONAL SECURITY
to manage and lead operational security (aviation, corporate) within Finnair Group. The main goal of your job is to ensure and further improve Finnair's operational security level, as well as to develop security processes and measures in a high-security environment. In order to reach the goal, communication and co-operation with internal and external stakeholders is an essential part of your job. We are looking for a person who is service-minded and outgoing, and has "Security by Design" mindset. This is a great opportunity to a security professional to take part in our growth story!
- Maintain and develop the level of security infrastructure
- Identify, analyse and manage threats and risks related to operational security, as well as develop mitigation plans
- Ensure continuous response capability by clear security response processes
- Define appropriate asset protection policies and guidelines, as well as lead their implementation
- Ensure regulatory and contractual compliance related to operational security (e.g. TRAFI, EU, US TSA, IOSA)
- Co-operate with authorities and third parties to ensure smooth and co-ordinated cross-party security actions
- Manage security vendors to achieve a high-quality and robust security level and ensure continuous improvement
- Manage Finnair security training programs
- Develop corporate security audit scheme, maintain audit programs and perform audits
- Leading and managing Finnair ID-pass office and related processes might be part of your responsibilities
Expectations from a successful candidate:
- Applicable M.Sc. or B.Sc. level degree
- 5+ years of experience in security, threat and/or risk management
- Experience of aviation industry is an advantage
- Ability to work independently and take responsibility
- Proven track record of high performance level
- Excellent communication, negotiation and presentation skills in Finnish and English, both written and spoken
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Proactive way of working, a problem-solving mindset and analytical skills
- Ability to work successfully under pressure
As a Manager, Operational Security you will report to Head of Security, Kaarlo Karvonen.
We will offer you a challenging and motivating job in a growing company and dynamic environment. Our team consists of security and aviation professionals, and we are located in modern and comfortable premises near Helsinki-Vantaa International Airport.
Want to join our team? Please submit your application on our website www.finnair.com with your CV, cover letter and salary request by Wednesday February 22nd, 2018. We will start screening the applications already during the application period. For additional information regarding the position, please call Kaarlo Karvonen (+358 40 558 9405) on Wednesday February 7th at 13-14 or Friday 16th at 11-12. You can also send your questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.