If you are interested in to be a part of forward looking and innovative working environment and take concrete actions by creating responsible choices, join us, the 3rd most sustainable company in the world!
We are looking for a Manager, Mechanical to join our Mechanical Engineering function in Kilpilahti, Porvoo.
Your part in Neste journey
In Neste Engineering Solutions as a Manager, Mechanical you will be responsible for leading and developing your own group of Mechancial Enginering professionals specialized in static equipment.
In your role, you will
- Lead the team of Mechanical Engineering professionals, managing team administration and HR related duties.
- Organize and assign Mechanical Engineering resources in our customer projects.
- Be responsible for competitive competence management and development of your own group.
- Provide design leadership and coordination of larger projects.
- Develop tools and processes in Mechanical Engineering in cooperation with Engineering Management and other functions.
- Take part in sales supporting tasks and collaborate with partner network.
We have an international team of experts working in Mechanical Engineering with various static equipment of the process industry. The static equipment group is responsible for pressure vessels, heat exchangers, columns, reactors, storage tanks and different package units in diverse work tasks for study, basic engineering and detailed engineering project phases. The group is responsible for static equipment part of multi-discipline project execution and successful project delivery.
Keys to success in this role
The best combination of experiences, skills and background is
- M.Sc. or B.Sc. in engineering or other applicable field.
- Several years of professional experience in Mechanical Engineering in process industry.
- Experience in team management and competence development.
- Team player, strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Effective communication skills in Finnish and English (mandatory) both verbally and in writing. Other language skills are an advantage.
- Experience in relevant standards, such as EN, ASME and API standards.
- Knowledge of relevant legislation, such as Pressure Equipment Directive (PED) and Machinery Directive (MD).
- Knowledge of static equipment, such as pressure vessels, heat exchangers, reactors, storage tanks and package units.
We also value willingness to travel. The possibility to relocate internationally is considered an advantage.
In accordance, we believe in people who find new ways of doing things – people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills. Customer mindset is essential to all of us at Neste and we work hard to find the best solutions for our customers. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. If all this, as well as our values on responsibility, cooperation, innovation and excellence resonate with you, you are the talent we are looking for.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Juha Linja, Head of Civil and Mechanical, tel. +358 50 458 9510.
Please submit your application by March 29th, 2020.
The recruitment process includes interviews and a personal assessment.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.
We believe that it is the task of each generation to create a healthier planet for its children. To succeed in this we create responsible choices, everyday – choices that enable people to live a more sustainable life and consume fewer natural resources.
There are roughly 5500 Neste employees in Europe, Asia and North America. We are the world’s largest producer of renewable diesel refined from waste and residues, and we are also bringing renewable solutions to the aviation and plastics industries. We are looking for the best professionals in their respective fields – people who have the will to make the world a cleaner place to live.