Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company building a better future for us all? UPM leads the integration of bio and forest industries into a new, sustainable and innovation-driven future. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are now looking for Manager M&A to join our team in Helsinki, Finland.
The M&A team, as part of the Strategy Function, drives UPM’s vision to lead the evolution of theforest-based bioindustry. As an M&A manager you will create, facilitate and execute transactions to this aim. Your work will focus on developing and executing transactions on UPM Group level as well as in different Business Areas and businesses.
What you’ll do
- Create and facilitate transactions through initiating and developing transactions and enabling decision making for transactions
- Execute transactions, including negotiation, conducting of due diligence and coordinating of other execution efforts
- Support and facilitate fit-for purpose integration planning and execution
- Support other development projects on Group, Business Area and business level
Who you are
- You should have an excellent track record, proven skills and experience in:
- Financial statement analysis and modelling
- Transaction-related analysis and facilitation
- Transaction execution and project management
- Decision-making support
- You have a strong drive and high level of commitment
- You have excellent team working skills with diverse sets of people
- You have at least a Master's degree in Economics, Engineering or equivalent
- You have at least 4 years of relevant work experience
In order to succeed, you need a proactive, open and global mindset, high tolerance for ambiguity and a talent for teamwork in an intense and highly demanding environment. You should be comfortable with tight deadlines and significant peaks in workload at times. In addition to transaction related work, the work in the M&A team requires proven communication, networking and change management skills as well as willingness to travel. Candidates will also benefit from experience in negotiating transactions and integration process planning, facilitation and support.
Written and oral communication skills in English and the ability to execute, often multiple tasks simultaneously, are essential qualities. Proficiency in Finnish is not a requirement but may be considered an advantage.
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: A broad perspective within the fast-growing and exciting environment of a forest based bioindustry leader with a global footprint.
- Inspired people to work with: A wide set of interfaces with senior UPM management and a variety of external stakeholders in different regions and businesses.
- Development opportunities: Responsibilities throughout the entire span of the M&A process from deal initiation through execution to post transaction integration with opportunities to develop your professional expertise and gain experience in a fast pace and high ambition level environment.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
You will be based in UPM head office in Helsinki and report to Misa Myllyrinne, Director, M&A.
The application deadline is 26.2.2018. Please apply via the "Apply" button and attach your application letter and CV.
For further information please contact Misa Myllyrinne at +358 2041 50 323 on February 13th or 16th between 10-13 EET.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.
- Ilmoitusnumero: 1100296
- Työsuhde: Vakituinen työsuhde
- Työn tyyppi: Kokopäiväinen
- Hakuosoite: www-osoite
- Sijainti: Helsinki