Manager, Innovation Intelligence
Are you interested in identifying, evaluating and taking forward new opportunities?
We are looking for a
Manager, Innovation Intelligence
to join our Innovation Intelligence department either in Porvoo or Espoo.
Your part in Neste journey
As Manager, Innovation intelligence, you will lead timely and well-constructed analyses that contribute to the assessment of new technology and business opportunities beyond Neste’s existing businesses as well as business development and wider decision-making within Neste in our journey to become a global leader in renewable and circular solutions.
In your role, you will
- Lead and conduct the innovation landscaping, trend and scenario assessment for the identification and monitoring of business and technology areas of interest
- Lead and conduct market and value chain analyses related to new business and technology opportunities beyond Neste’s existing businesses
- Contribute to the development of the market and new business intelligence capabilities, processes and tools within the department
- Lead and conduct economic calculations (cost, cash flow and profitability calculations)
- Contribute to the development of business models and value propositions for new business and technology opportunities
- Turn the data into valuable insights and recommendations, develop expert and management-level reports and presentations
- Participate, lead and be responsible for numerous types of project assignments from early-stage conceptual level evaluations to due diligence work and strategy development
Innovation Intelligence department carries out high-quality landscaping and scouting for new technology and business opportunities and also supports the strategy development and decision-making in corporate level. You will work closely with your colleagues in project teams aiming at opportunity identification, maturation and commercialization. You will be in contact with several internal stakeholders and external parties. Our work combines accountability, cooperation, and the desire to develop and renew. Working safely at all times is essential to all of us.
The position is new within the Neste Innovation function and requires flexibility and pioneering spirit to make the Innovation Intelligence department an established source of market and business analysis for new business development.
Keys to success in this role
The best combination of experiences, skills and background is
- Master’s degree from relevant field, e.g. business, economics or engineering
- Several years of relevant work experience, preferably from management or technology consulting or similar corporate function
- Excellent analytical skills with attention to detail, ability to handle complex problems, draw conclusions and take them forward
- Experience from technology or market landscaping and trends’ assessment and scenario methodology
- Strong communication skills, both spoken and written
- Curiosity towards new ideas and opportunities, willingness to work outside one’s own comfort zone
- Team player attitude and adaptability
- Fluent English
We also value
- Earlier experience from the development and assessment of new business and technology opportunities
- Work experience from biofuels or renewable chemicals, oil refining or chemical industries
In accordance, we believe in people who find new ways of doing things – people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills. Customer mindset is essential to all of us at Neste and we work hard to find the best solutions for our customers. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. If all this, as well as our values on responsibility, cooperation, innovation and excellence resonate with you, you are the talent we are looking for.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with Head of Innovation Intelligence, Jesse Kautto, +358 50 458 9787 on 2nd of August during 10 - 11 EET or on 6th of August during 10 - 11 EET.
Please submit your application by August 11th, 2019. Please include your CV and Cover Letter attached to your application.
The recruitment process includes interviews and aptitude testing. The first interviews are preliminary scheduled to take place on weeks 34 and 35.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.