Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company building a better future for us all? UPM leads the integration of bio and forest industries into a new, sustainable and innovation-driven future. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are now looking for a Manager, Communications for a permanent position to manage internal and external communications within UPM Wood Sourcing and Forestry (WSF).
UPM Wood Sourcing and Forestry is a part of UPM Biorefining business area. We ensure sustainable wood sourcing for all UPM businesses in North Europe and offer forestry services in Finland. Wood Sourcing and Forestry organisation employs around 650 professionals.
Greetings from your future manager
“Are you a professional communicator interested in working in the core of bioeconomy? Do you have strategic mindset and passion to work with different stakeholders? We are looking for someone who has excellent communication and media skills, who adds value by making our messages clear and transparent. You like to work in a fast paced environment and have experience in editorial work. You will be part of UPM Wood Sourcing and Forestry Stakeholder Relations team responsible for public & media relations, communications and environment. If you recognize yourself, we look forward to receiving your application. In the meanwhile, we encourage you to visit us in Linkedin! – Sami Oksa
What you’ll do
- You plan and execute communications for UPM Wood Sourcing and Forestry, covering both internal and external audiences
- You support the WSF organisation and management in change processes, quarterly review and other business related topics and projects
- You actively manage and develop UPM WSF communication channels, from intranet to social media and press releases
- You are the Editor in chief of Metsän Henki, our customer and stakeholder magazine.
- You lead the development of the magazine and manage the content planning and production.
- You collaborate with WSF marketing and other UPM teams to build and promote relevant topics in media
- You effectively manage media relations
Who you are
- You have at least six years of relevant experience and a degree in communications or marketing
- You have excellent communication skills and solid experience in media relations
- You have previous experience in change communications, social media and editorial work
- You have ambition to influence and network with various internal and external stakeholders
- You are comfortable with fast-paced environment, changing situations and hands-on work
- You are proactive, agile and have a positive can-do attitude
- You are fluent in Finnish and English
- You are flexible and willing to travel in Finland
- Earlier work experience in forest industry is considered an asset
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
The position is located in Tampere, Finland.
Please submit your application with attached CV and cover letter in English via the “Apply” link latest May 20.
You will report to Sami Oksa, Director, Stakeholder Relations, Wood Sourcing and Forestry.
For more information, please contact Sami Oksa, tel. +358405603474 or email@example.com.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace.