Manager, Civil Engineering
Neste Engineering Solutions Oy
If you are interested in to be a part of forward looking and innovative working environment and take concrete actions by creating responsible choices, join us, the 4th most sustainable company in the world!
We are now looking for a Manager, Civil Engineering to join our Civil Engineering department.
Your part in Neste journey
It is great time to join us!
Neste Engineering Solutions holds a key position in Neste's investment and development projects. We are specialized in providing a unique combination of high quality technology, engineering and project management services and solutions. Neste Engineering Solutions employs more than 850 professionals located in Porvoo, Naantali, Rotterdam and Singapore. In addition we work closely with a number of subcontractors on different projects.
In Neste Engineering Solutions as a Manager, Civil you will be responsible for leading and developing your own group of Civil Engineering professionals.
In your role, you will
- Lead your own group of Civil Engineering professionals, managing team administration and HR related duties.
- Organize and assign Civil Engineering resources in our customer projects.
- Develop people and ways of working by coaching and continuously improving processes and practices.
- Provide design leadership and coordination of larger projects.
- Develop tools and processes in Civil Engineering in cooperation with Engineering Management and other functions.
- Collaborate and communicate daily with other teams and partner networks.
- Take part in sales supporting tasks.
We have an international team of experts working in industrial investment projects. The teams are responsible for civil and structural engineering part of multi-discipline project execution and successful project delivery.
Keys to success in this role
The best combination of experiences, skills and background is
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Civil and Structural engineering or other similar education.
- Several years of professional work experience in Civil and Structural engineering.
- Solid leadership skills and experience in industrial project work.
- Team player, strong interpersonal and collaboration skills.
- Effective communication skills in Finnish and in English are mandatory, both verbally and in writing. Other language skills are an advantage.
- Knowledge and experience of national and international design codes and standards such as Eurocodes.
We also value
- Self-guided approach with strong initiative.
- Experience in tools and process development.
- International professional work experience.
Civil Engineering is using Tekla Structures as a design tool for BIM modelling and Robot Structural and Tekla TEDDS as a primary tool for structural analysis.
Willingness to travel and the possibility to relocate internationally is an advantage.
In accordance, we believe in people who find new ways of doing things – people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills. Customer mindset is essential to all of us at Neste and we work hard to find the best solutions for our customers. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. If all this, as well as our values “We care, We have courage and We cooperate” resonate with you, you are the talent we are looking for.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Juha Linja, Head of Civil and Mechanical, tel. +358 50 458 9510.
Please submit your application by June 27th, 2021.
The recruitment process includes interviews and possible aptitude testing. Please note that we will start to process the applications immediately upon receipt.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.
We believe that it is the task of each generation to create a healthier planet for its children. To succeed in this we create responsible choices, everyday – choices that enable people to live a more sustainable life and consume fewer natural resources.
There are roughly 4800 Neste employees in Europe, Asia and North America. We are the world’s largest producer of renewable diesel refined from waste and residues, and we are also bringing renewable solutions to the aviation and plastics industries. We are looking for the best professionals in their respective fields – people who have the will to make the world a cleaner place to live.