Manager, Civil Engineering
Neste Engineering Solutions Oy
We are looking for a
Manager, Civil Engineering
to join our Civil Engineering department in Kilpilahti, Porvoo.
Your part in Neste journey
It is great time to join us!
Neste is driven by its purpose to create a healthier planet for our children, and aims to become a global leader in renewable and circular solutions.
In your role, you will
- Lead your own group of Civil Engineering professionals, develop people and ways of working by coaching and continuously improving processes and practices
- Organize and assign Civil Engineering resources in our customer projects
- Be responsible for competitive competence management and development of your own group
- Provide design leadership and coordination of larger projects
- Develop tools and processes in Civil Engineering in cooperation with Engineering Management and other functions
- Collaborate and communicate daily with other teams and partner network
- Take part in sales supporting tasks.
We have a medium size team of experts working in industrial civil engineering projects. The teams are responsible for civil and structural engineering part of multi-discipline project execution and successful project delivery.
Keys to success in this role
The best combination of experiences, skills and background is
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in Civil and Structural engineering or other applicable field
- Several years of professional work experience in Civil Engineering
- Solid leadership skills and experience in industrial project work
- Team player, strong interpersonal and collaboration skills
- Effective communication skills in Finnish and in English both verbally and in writing. Other language skills are an advantage
- Knowledge and experience of various design codes and standards such as Eurocodes.
We also value
- Self-guided approach with strong initiative
- Experience in tools and process development
- International professional work experience and willingness to travel.
Civil Engineering is using Tekla Structures as a design tool for BIM modelling and Robot Structural and Tekla TEDDS as a primary tool for structural analysis.
In accordance, we believe in people who find new ways of doing things – people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills. Customer mindset is essential to all of us at Neste and we work hard to find the best solutions for our customers. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. If all this, as well as our values on responsibility, cooperation, innovation and excellence resonate with you, you are the talent we are looking for.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
If you have any questions regarding the position, please contact Juha Linja, Head of Civil and Mechanical, tel. +358 50 458 9510.
Please submit your application by September 15th, 2019.
The recruitment process includes interviews and a personal assessment.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.
Neste Engineering Solutions offers high quality technology and engineering services, including engineering, procurement, construction and project management services for the Oil & Gas, Petrochemicals and Bio-industries. Our NAPCON products enhance process industry production optimization, quality and logistics, as well as operator training with simulators and games. We work in close cooperation with our strategic customers and have world-class knowhow in technology development and industrial investment projects. In addition to our head office in Porvoo, Finland, we operate in international Neste locations such as Singapore, Abu Dhabi, Rotterdam, Gothenburg, and in selected customer project sites. Neste Engineering Solutions employ about 1500 engineering professionals globally. Read more: neste.com/engineeringsolutions, napconsuite.com.