Manager, Business Process Design
Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company, building a better future for us all? UPM leads the forest based bioindustry into a sustainable, innovation-driven, and exciting future. The competence, integrity and drive of our people make us unique. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are now looking for a Manager, Process Design specialized in Procure-to-Pay process to join us at UPM Finance & Control Development organization to design and develop financial processes for and with the whole Finance & Control team. The position is located in Tampere or Helsinki, Finland.
Finance & Control Development organization is part of UPM Finance & Control (F&C) and focuses on accelerating performance improvement and leading mid- and long-term change. The key aim is to support and add value for F&C function and UPM businesses by optimizing and automating finance processes and solutions with quality and efficiency. The team works in close co-operation with Finance Operations, Business Control, IT, and businesses of UPM.
Greetings from your future colleague Heikki
“During my career I have been working in and for numerous finance organizations. So with pride I can say that UPM’s finance and control development is an outstanding unit packed with highly skilled and motivated individuals. Our line of work includes wide range of finance related development initiatives; process and service design, system implementations and project management to name just a few examples.
One of the greatest things working at UPM are highly skilled and supportive colleagues. Every day is a great learning opportunity and we are well on our way beyond traditional finance roles and competences.
UPM’s vision is to become world class finance organization and development unit is playing key role in achieving that ambitious yet tempting goal. We are using and adopting advanced technologies and finance organization’s competence is developing on rapid phase. Also UPM’s vision as a leading ’Beyond fossils’ company is something which is very easy to stand for. Looking forward to get new addition to our team and future cooperation.”
What you’ll do
As a Manager, Process Design you are participating, and partly driving, a large variety of development initiatives ranging from short term special projects to long term process changes, including technology implementation.
At the moment S/4 SAP is comprehensively in your scope of technologies you are working with. Your role is focused on supporting finance template feasibility, design and implementation in S/4 project including basic functionalities of finance and named integrations to finance in area of Procure to Pay. In your role though you can variate between deep expertise, coaching and supporting other SAP module integrations in your area.
Yet with your contribution we are driving optimized business process design and improved user experience. You are familiar with methodologies like process design, process modelling, Agile, Lean and solutions in the area of analytics and process mapping.
Your main tasks will include:
- Participate in design and implementation of meaningful, value adding business processes for Procure-to-Pay with focus on downstream finance part of Procure-to-pay
- Drive, initiate and support Finance & Control Process and technology development
- Look inside and outside of UPM to map new methodologies, technologies and ideas
- Give your views and contribution on Finance & Control development road map
- Lead the change management activities including active communication and guidance of contributors and stakeholders, process documentation and end-user trainings
- Participate in additional initiatives as a contributor, including initiatives in any development stage
- Ensure the successful handover to support organization upon project closure
Who you are
- You have a Master’s degree in Economics and Business Administration or similar education with more than 4 years of relevant experience in developing business processes, with a solid understanding of finance flows and technical accounting skills
- You have end-to-end process understanding with knowledge on how finance is integrated on an end-to-end process
- You have proven experience in process and solutions development in Procure-to-Pay process area with its integration to other SAP modules (and systems)
- You have good understanding about business and data architecture and ability to interpret those into finance processes and vice versa, as well as good understanding of master data’s role as a part of processes
- You have a result-driven mindset, and you’re committed to deliver on time
- You want to be part of driving change
- You have an internal flame to experiment, learn fast and study new things
- You are fluent in English and have experience from international business environment
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
For further information, please do not hesitate to contact Inka Grahn, Director Business Process Design, Finance & Control, by phone tel. +358407686129 on 7th of June at 13.00-15.00, on 14th of June at 8.30-9.30 or on 18th of June at 14.00-15.00 or by email email@example.com.
Please apply via the link below and attach your CV and cover letter by 20th of June, 2019. We are looking forward to your application.
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.