Manager, Business Control
Haluatko työskennellä dynaamisessa, innovatiivisessa ja kansainvälisessä yrityksessä, joka tekee tulevaisuudesta parempaa meille kaikille? UPM on biometsäteollisuuden edelläkävijä ja rakennamme kestävää, innovaatiovetoista ja kiinnostavaa tulevaisuutta. Henkilöstömme osaaminen, terve arvopohja ja halu pyrkiä parempaan tekevät meistä ainutlaatuisia. Toimimme arvojemme mukaisesti: Luota ja ole luotettava, Tuloksia yhdessä ja Uudistu rohkeasti.
We are now looking for a Manager, Business Control for UPM Energy business area. The position will be located in Helsinki, Finland.
UPM Energy is a significant operator in the Nordic electricity market. With the total electricity generation capacity of 1,494 MW UPM Energy is the second largest electricity producer in Finland. Our business includes electricity generation and operations in both physical electricity and financial portfolio management. UPM Energy employs approximately 70 energy professionals. www.upmenergy.com
Greetings from your future manager
“UPM Energy is a low-emission electricity producer operating on the Nordic power market. This position offers you a wide view on the power market value chain and a possibility to work with highly talented energy market professionals. Looking forward to having you join our team!” - Maija
What you’ll do
As a part of Energy BA’s Finance & Control and Strategy Team this position expands past the classic Business Controller role. Besides being responsible for the business controlling activities of the Energy Business Area you will be strongly involved in the planning and execution of Energy BA’s strategic projects and initiatives. You will play a vital role as the finance contact person and partner for the operational units of the Business Area. In addition, you will work closely with financial services, other internal business organizations and external stakeholders.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Energy BA’s performance reviews and analysis, forecasting and budgeting
- Active contribution to planning and execution of strategic projects and initiatives
- Preparing decision-making material for Energy BA’s management regarding financial and strategic topics
- Managing and developing Energy BA’s controls and processes
- Developing and improving Energy BA’s financial tools and processes
- Ad hoc financial analysis, scenario and what-if analysis
- Active role in asset valuations and business modeling
Who you are
- You have a Master’s degree in relevant studies (for example Accounting or Finance) and at least five years of relevant work experience
- You have good understanding of business control processes (e.g. budgeting, forecasting, financial analysis) and the necessary tools and systems (e.g. HFM, SAP)
- You have good understanding of the (Nordic) electricity market and financial derivatives, experience in corporate restructuring or M&A is considered an asset
- You have excellent Excel and PowerPoint skills. Experience in accounting-related, data processing and/or visualization tools (Microsoft Power BI) is considered a benefit
- In order to succeed in this position, you are a highly motivated and proactive person with strong strategic thinking capabilities, analytical skills and capability to take ownership
- You have good influencing and communications skills and have the ability to summarize essentials
- You have good written and spoken command of English
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organization that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
In this position you will report to Maija Ruska, Director, Finance & Control and Strategy, Energy Business Area.
For further information please contact Maija Ruska tel. +358503465603 on 5th of March at 13:00-14:00 or 12th of March at 10:00-11:00.
Please notice that we will go through the applications already during the application period and may invite candidates for interviews already before the end of the application time.
Please fill in the application form and attach your CV via the link above by 15th of March 2020.
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at email@example.com or +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.