Logistics Engineer (fixed-term contract)
Join ABB and work in a team that is dedicated to creating a future where innovative digital technologies allow greater access to cleaner energy.
We are looking for a Logistics Engineer at ABB Oy, Drives business line in Helsinki. In this position you will work in close cooperation with the process owner of our reclamation and stock taking processes, as a member of the Drives logistics team. You will be responsible for the daily operations and continuous improvement of our reclamation process, and tracking inventory accuracy. Your task requires an active approach and excellent interpersonal skills as you work with the multiple stakeholders of the process. This contract is fixed-term (12 months).
- Daily operations regarding non-conforming materials in terms of information, material and cash flows
- Coordinating actions between 3PL, Purchasing, Product Engineering and Quality and Sourcing
- Daily follow-up and actions of our stock taking process and ensuring stock accuracy
- Support supplier quality development initiatives
- Continuous improvement of our processes
- Developing, implementing and monitoring process KPIs
- B.Sc. or M.Sc. in engineering or a suitable commercial education
- A few years’ experience preferably related to non-conforming material process flows and / or logistics
- Good planning and decision-making skills
- An active and hands-on approach to solving problems
- An understanding of quality management and processes (e.g. Lean Six Sigma, 8D, Kaizen)
- Excellent team working skills and customer-oriented mindset
- Proficient at MS Office Tools (Excel, PowerBI, PowerPoint etc.) and an understanding of ERP systems, SAP experience
- is seen as an advantage
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish
- An understanding of manufacturing processes is seen as an advantage
More about us
Bring your very own sense of pride and purpose as you help us drive forward the Fourth Industrial Revolution – creating a sustainable future for our planet, and your career. Join ABB and harness the power of our diverse global network, as you collaborate with and learn from our world-class teams. Above all, challenge yourself every day. Let’s write the future, together.
• A challenging position in an international working environment, with room to grow
• An opportunity for personal development
• An opportunity to further your career in a global company
• An excellent view of the entire supply chain, from supplier to the end customer
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI69023756 by August 4, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Logistics & Sourcing Manager Ville Lampinen, tel. +358 50 332 9340.