We not only have ambitious goals but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: For us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world, or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to combat pollution, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
We are looking for a Logistics Development Engineer at ABB Oy, Drives unit in Helsinki. In this position you will work in close cooperation with the process owner of our reclamation and stock taking processes, as a member of the Drives logistics team. You will be responsible for the daily operations and continuous improvement of our reclamation process, and tracking inventory accuracy. Your task requires an active approach and excellent interpersonal skills as you work with the multiple stakeholders of the process.
• Daily operations regarding non-conforming materials in terms of information, material and cash flows
• Coordinating actions between 3PL, Purchasing, Product Engineering and Quality and Sourcing
• Daily follow-up and actions of our stock taking process and ensuring stock accuracy
• Support supplier quality development initiatives
• Continuous improvement of our processes
• Developing, implementing and monitoring process KPIs
• A challenging position in an international working environment, with room to grow
• An opportunity for personal development
• An opportunity to further your career in a global company
• An excellent view of the entire supply chain, from supplier to the end customer
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in engineering or a suitable commercial education
• A few years’ experience, preferably related to non-conforming material process flows and / or logistics
• Good planning and decision-making skills
• An active and hands-on approach to solving problems
• An understanding of quality management and processes (e.g. Lean Six Sigma, 8D, Kaizen)
• Excellent team working skills and customer-oriented mindset
• Proficient at MS Office Tools (Excel, PowerBI, PowerPoint etc.), and understanding of ERP systems, SAP experience is seen as an advantage
• Excellent written and spoken communication skills in English and Finnish
• An understanding of manufacturing processes is seen as an advantage
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI68657454 by June 11, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Logistics & Sourcing Manager Ville Lampinen, tel. 050 332 9340.
ABB (ABBN: SIX Swiss Ex) is a pioneering technology leader with a comprehensive offering for digital industries. With a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB is today a leader in digital industries with four customer-focused, globally leading businesses: Electrification, Industrial Automation, Motion, and Robotics & Discrete Automation, supported by its common ABB Ability™ digital platform. ABB’s market leading Power Grids business will be divested to Hitachi in 2020. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 147,000 employees. www.abb.com