Local IT Infrastructure Service Owner
Airbus Defence and Space Oy
Secure Land Communications (SLC), an Airbus business unit, offers advanced communication and collaboration solutions to gather, process and deploy intelligence. Its portfolio is tailored to the needs of Public Safety, Defence and Transport, Utility and Industry (TUI). It includes infrastructures, devices, applications and services based on Tetra, Tetrapol and Broadband technologies (either single, hybrid or multi-technology solutions). As the European leader and a key international player, SLC has customers in more than 80 countries and employs around 1,150 people in 17 countries. In Finland, Airbus Defence and Space Oy employs around 320 people in Helsinki and Jyväskylä.
The telecommunications business of Airbus in Finland is looking for a Local IT Infrastructure Service Owner to join our company. You will join the enthusiastic and positive IM Team located in our site in Helsinki. Your main responsibility is to oversee technical IT infrastructure related aspects to ensure delivery of a reliable IT infrastructure that the company requires for business operations. You will report to the Head of Secure Land Communications IM Systems.
Tasks & Responsibilities
Within IM team you have a chance to participate in various missions with opportunity to grow. IM Management offers you a front seat inside Secure Land Communications worldwide organization working together with Central/Global IM and other supporting entities, having a common target to ensure good and stable IT environment for all our end users.
Your main tasks include:
• To analyze, specify and implement infrastructure changes and solutions that meet Airbus IT service and strategic objectives
• Provide operative onsite and remote support to end users across a company locations
• Local IT infrastructure change management and documentation based on related policies and procedures
• Daily maintenance and operation of data center services & systems (ensuring availability & performance):
- Data center management
- Virtual infrastructure and servers
- Data storage and backup
• Daily operation of data backup & restore
• Installation & configuration of new systems and solutions
• Decommissioning of obsolete systems
Following skills are expected from you as a candidate for the position:
• At least 5 years of relevant work experience, preferably in IT infrastructure, with similar tasks as mentioned above
• Bachelor or Master's degree in Information Technology Management or relevant field
• Comprehensive IT security knowledge
• Knowledge of IT infrastructures and technologies for workplace environments
• Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with the ability to work in a challenging environment
• Customer and service-oriented mindset with good interpersonal skills
• Basic knowledge of ITIL Foundation
• Working in an international company requires fluency in English
• The position requires basic security clearance approval from Finnish authorities
Succeeding in this job requires ability to generate new ideas to support value and business. We expect you to feel comfortable working proactively and autonomously as well as in teams. We value good people skills with eagerness to work in an international environment.
The position is permanent and will start as agreed.
To apply please send your CV and cover letter via the link below by August 5th 2019. For further information, please contact Head of IM SLC Finland Tommi Litmanen, +358 40 831 63 91.
Read more about Airbus in Finland on:
Read more about what we do on: