We are now looking for a Trainee to join our Legal Team in Helsinki, Finland, for a fixed term position (preferably from September 2020 to May 2021).
Legal Function is a global function with around 30 professionals assisting UPM’s business areas and global functions in a variety of legal matters, including areas of contracts, corporate transactions and financing, as well as corporate governance and compliance.
What you will do
You will be responsible for and assist legal team members in versatile assignments, including:
- Assist in governance issues, mainly focusing on supporting in global subsidiary governance and company law in general
- Assist in document and records management issues (i.e. archiving, use of electronical tools and gathering signatures), act as a back-up for our specialists
- Data collection, preparation of background materials and briefings
The position will be further tailored depending on the chosen candidate’s educational background.
Who you are
We are expecting the candidates to have:
- Studies in law, with approx. 50-75% of the studies completed
- Excellent Finnish and English skills, written and oral
We are looking for a person with a positive attitude, service-oriented mindset and genuine interest to learn and grow as legal professional. Earlier work experience from legal department is not a must but following is seen an asset:
- Earlier work experience in a law firm, authority’s office or in-house law department
- Earlier knowledge or studies in corporate governance and company law and/or contract law is highly appreciated
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
For more information, please contact Saara Helminen, Group Legal Counsel, tel. +358407174998, on 4 August between 16-17 or 6 August between 15-16.
Please apply via the link and attach your CV and cover letter at latest on 9 August 2020.
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at email@example.com or tel. +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.