Camco Clean Energy
Would you like to contribute to the development of renewable energy in emerging markets? Do you think that lawyers can contribute to the success of a business? If so, we would love to hear from you.
Camco Nordic Oy, part of the Camco Clean Energy Group is now looking for a Legal Counsel with 2 - 4 years’ experience to be based in Helsinki, Finland. The position is for a one-year fixed term providing maternity leave cover, starting mid-February 2020.
Within a small legal team that plays a key role in the operations of the Company, your
responsibilities will include:
- Supporting the General Counsel with general commercial matters, including drafting,
- reviewing and negotiating documentation for the financing of renewable energy projects
- Managing Camco policies and procedures including KYC and AML
- Responsibility for corporate governance tasks in relation to the Company and the investment vehicles managed by the Company
- Applying specialist legal knowledge in support of our project teams
- Passion about the challenge of climate change
- University degree in law, with an excellent academic record
- Experience from working in a challenging international business environment either as an inhouse lawyer or in a law firm with international clients
- Ability to understand complex contractual issues and their practical implications to business, and provide clear legal advice
- Ability to work independently and handle a variety of matters in a fast-paced environment
- First class communication, presentation and negotiation skills. Excellent English is required (written and spoken) and French language skills are advantageous
- Motivated, flexible, and independent personality with a desire to develop an international reputation in the field of climate law
- Willingness to travel
How to apply
Please send your CV along with a one page cover letter (in English) to Karl Upston-Hooper, General Counsel, email@example.com no later than EET 5pm 9th December. Applications are welcome from outside of Finland but no relocation support other than salary will be provided.
If you have any questions please do not hesitate to contact our legal team (Karl Upston-Hooper +358 44 240 6568 or Aili Judström +358 50 3477 288).