Are you looking to join a dynamic, innovation-driven, international company building a better future for us all? UPM leads the integration of bio and forest industries into a new, sustainable and innovation-driven future. We live by our values – trust and be trusted, achieve together, renew with courage.
We are now looking for a Legal Counsel to join our team in Helsinki, Finland.
UPM Legal Function is a global function with 23 professionals assisting UPM’s business areas and global functions in a variety of legal matters, including areas of contracts, corporate transactions and financing, as well as corporate governance and compliance.
Greetings from your future manager
“Come and join UPM’s motivated and diverse team of legal professionals building a sustainable future based on versatile use of renewable wood biomass together with UPMs businesses and functions. Bring your experience and expertise, high performing UPM legal function welcomes your insight!” – Riikka Höykinpuro
What you’ll do
Your main responsibilities will be to provide versatile legal support to UPM’s different business areas and functions in various legal matters. Your tasks will include drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts, assisting in corporate matters and financing. In addition you will offer legal support to different outsourcing arrangements, investments and M&A transactions both independently in your own responsibility areas and also in support to other legal counsels. Main responsibilities can be adjusted based on your earlier experience.
Who you are
You have a master’s degree in law and 3-7 years of legal work experience, ideally at a law firm or as an in-house counsel dealing with international matters. You are business-minded, flexible and able to work both independently and as a team member on a range of assignments in a cross-cultural environment. You have excellent communication skills and are fluent in written and spoken English. You are solution-oriented and highly motivated and enjoy working in a constantly changing and developing business.
Experience from the following fields is considered an asset:
- Energy sector
- Corporate governance
- Sourcing, sales and other commercial contracts
- Life sciences and intellectual property
- M&A and investments
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organisation that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
For more information, please contact Riikka Höykinpuro, Group Legal Counsel tel. +358406722011 on 9th of February between 13-15 or 14th of February between 9-11.
Please apply via the link below and attach your CV and cover letter latest 22th of February 2018.
For support with submitting your application, please contact HR Service Center at firstname.lastname@example.org or +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.