Corporate M&A is responsible for Fortum’s strategy implementation via leading, managing and executing M&A processes across Fortum. We are now looking for a business-minded M&A legal counsel to work with the transactions flow throughout Fortum.
The successful candidate will be part of an efficient team that provides expert advice and guidance on all types of corporate transactions and manages the most significant M&A deals within the Fortum Group internationally.
To success in this position the candidate must meet the required competencies:
• Managing all aspects of complex corporate transactions and other strategic commercial transactions on a global scale, including coordinating processes with the business teams, corporate functions and external parties, managing and conducting due diligence reviews, drafting deal documentation, and negotiating and completing deals.
• Understanding the business logic in deal making, and pursuing most favorable terms and deals for Fortum.
• Providing pragmatic and business-minded expert legal advice in various commercial transactions.
• Willingness to travel occasionally and work flexibly.
In addition, the following qualifications are expected:
• A Master of Laws degree; complementing finance education is a strong advantage.
• A few years of experience on legal M&A; preferably experience from working with a tier one law firm.
• Fluency in English and Finnish; other languages, especially German, are an advantage.
• Excellent communication skills.
Please send your online application, including your CV and a salary request, no later than May 22, 2019. For further information, please contact Mr. Aleksi Airas, Head of M&A Legal, +358 44 574 3112. Calling times: Wednesday May 15 at 9.00 - 10.30 or 13.00 - 14.30 or Thursday May 16 at 9.00 - 11.00.
To be selected to the position, the applicant must go through background clearance and health examination, including drug testing.
Fortum is a leading clean-energy company that provides its customers with electricity, heating and cooling as well as smart solutions to improve resource efficiency. We want to engage our customers and society to join the change for a cleaner world. We employ some 9,000 professionals in the Nordic and Baltic countries, Russia, Poland and India. In 2017, our sales were EUR 4.5 billion and 61% of our electricity generation was CO2 free. Fortum's share is listed on Nasdaq Helsinki. www.fortum.com