Haluatko työskennellä dynaamisessa, innovatiivisessa ja kansainvälisessä yrityksessä, joka tekee tulevaisuudesta parempaa meille kaikille? UPM on biometsäteollisuuden edelläkävijä ja rakennamme kestävää, innovaatiovetoista ja kiinnostavaa tulevaisuutta. Henkilöstömme osaaminen, terve arvopohja ja halu pyrkiä parempaan tekevät meistä ainutlaatuisia. Toimimme arvojemme mukaisesti: Luota ja ole luotettava, Tuloksia yhdessä ja Uudistu rohkeasti.
We are now looking for an experienced Legal Assistant to support UPM’s Board of Directors’ work and Legal Function for a permanent position in Helsinki, Finland.
What you’ll do
You will be acting as a Legal Assistant and key contributor in UPM’s Board work and supporting UPM’s Legal Function in several tasks. You will report to the Director, Legal Operations & Group Legal. Your responsibilities will include the following:
- Meeting arrangements of UPM’s Board of Directors and Committees (including international travel and lodging arrangements, site visits and event planning, serve as a liaison to the Board of Directors and manage relevant documentation)
- Administrative support in UPM’s Board work, such as assistance in payment of Board fees, meeting schedules and general assistance in regard to Board work
- Acting as a key contributor for UPM’s global Legal Function, i.e. providing assistance to Legal Function e.g. in the following tasks: travel arrangements, organising of international events, organising of different internal forums and document management relating thereto, preparation of versatile documents and presentations as well as implementing legal tech related processes and practices and acting as key user in certain tools in Legal Function
Who you are
We are expecting the candidates to have:
- At least 7 years of work experience as an assistant in a large corporation, supporting top management and/or Board work. Experience from a listed company is considered an asset
- Ability to take initiative and ownership while working independently as well as engaging with different stakeholders
- Excellent problem-solving skills, ability to work with top management, service-oriented and diligent mind-set as well as strong integrity
- Ability to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion
- Excellent verbal and written skills in English and Finnish
- Excellent proficiency in the use of MS Office tools, tech-oriented mindset and ability to adopt the use of new technologies as well as act as key user and advisor role in Legal Function’s tech and tools
This is what we offer for you
- Meaningful job: We are proud of what we do. Our work highlights the expertise of our personnel, the high quality of our products and the company's values.
- Inspired and motivated teams: We have highly skilled workforce. We are a multifaceted, international organization that works as a team to achieve our shared objectives.
- Development opportunities: With us you can build up your expertise. We provide opportunities to support your development throughout every stage of your career.
- Responsibility for people and environment: Our ethical principles embrace people as well as the environment. We are always striving to build a more sustainable future.
For further information please contact our recruitment partner Talentor Finland Oy, Managing Partner Mika Nevasuo, firstname.lastname@example.org or tel. +358405656544.
Please apply via the link and attach your CV and cover letter latest 7.8.2022.
For support with submitting your application, please contact the HR Service Center at email@example.com or tel. +358204146600.
A security background check may be performed for those selected to UPM positions, in accordance with the company recruitment guidelines and the Security Clearance Act 726/2014.
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.
We deliver renewable and responsible solutions and innovate for a future beyond fossils across six business areas: UPM Fibres, UPM Energy, UPM Raflatac, UPM Specialty Papers, UPM Communication Papers and UPM Plywood. As the industry leader in responsibility, we are committed to the UN Business Ambition for 1.5°C and the science-based targets to mitigate climate change. We employ 17,000 people worldwide and our annual sales are approximately EUR 9.8 billion. Our shares are listed on Nasdaq Helsinki Ltd. UPM Biofore – Beyond fossils. www.upm.com