Legal Adviser and International Compliance Manager
Airbus Defence and Space Oy
The programme line Secure Land Communications (SLC) at Airbus develops, markets, delivers and maintains professional and land mobile radio (PMR/LMR) networks based on Tetra and Tetrapol technologies and offers a wide range of radio solutions and devices for customers worldwide, e.g. police and rescue organizations. The programme line employs nearly 1400 people in 20 countries. In Finland, Airbus Defence and Space Oy employs around 300 people in Helsinki and Jyväskylä.
The telecommunications business of Airbus in Finland is looking for a Legal Adviser and International Compliance Manager to our Helsinki office.
As a Legal Adviser and International Compliance Manager you promote, secure and defend the legal interests of the Secure Land Communications (SLC) Business by giving independent professional legal advice and assistance to its management team. In addition, you contribute proactively to the mitigation of the SLC Business’ risks by alerting on potential major risks and elaborating alternative proposals. You are in charge of all legal matters related to the activities located in North of Europe and Middle East, and in an international competitive environment.
Tasks & Responsibilities
• Provides advice on corporate matters and corporate law issues
• Ensures that all legal and compliance processes/procedures are adhered to
• Provides legal support on all legal subjects, with a particular focus on drafting and negotiating commercial contracts, analysing legal validity of claims from and against partners, customers or suppliers, advising on regulatory aspects like public procurement laws, anti-trust regulations, etc
• Interacts with the tax and finance departments for the review of contracts and where their specialist advice is needed
• Prepares legal and compliance parts of proposal approval in the frame of the bid process
• Manages and coordinates the use of external law firms
• Manages and protect Intellectual Property Rights of the SLC business
• Manages pre-litigation and litigation files
• Organizes legal and compliance trainings
What we are looking for
We are seeking a robust and outgoing commercial Legal Adviser and International Compliance Manager with at least 5 years’ relevant experience either in-house or within a law firm. The geographical scope of this role is mainly Finland and other Northern European countries. You will also manage the Middle East branch’s activities.
We appreciate if you have experience in:
- Handling international contract matters and background in local law
- MNO/SMVNO, SaaS and license management
- Fluent spoken and written Finnish and English skills, French is seen as an advantage
- We expect you to feel comfortable working independently.
This is a permanent position and it will start as agreed.
For further information, please contact hiring manager Sandrine Boucher +33 615 110 180.
To apply, please send your application and CV via the link below by 20th of January.
Read more about Airbus in Finland on:
Read more about what we do on: