Lead UX Designer
We not only have ambitious goals, but also a clear agreement on how to achieve them: for us, the means are as important as the ends. Whatever your role at ABB, you can be sure you are helping to create a better world. From building sustainable power plants in remote corners of the world or improving safety for workers in automotive factories, to developing new technologies to make the electricity grids smarter, the work we do touches the lives of millions.
Are you one of those who believe in changing the world with design? If you are an experienced and skilled UX designer, join ABB central UX design team and make it your next place to shine! Our team provides design vision and guidance for user interfaces and software solutions at ABB through new and unique Design system. We promote human-centered design and drive for transformation enabling our organization to become more customer and user focused. Our team collaborates closely with ABB businesses worldwide. Join us in taking ABB to the next level with your expertise in design.
We are looking for a Lead UX Designer in Helsinki, Finland. This position is one of the key roles in our central UX design team responsible for corporate UX design principles and ABB wide Design system. You will lead the creation of a world-class Design system together with the team focusing especially on the quality of the interaction and usability and supporting our businesses to adopt the system. In this position, you will be collaborating with UX/UI Designers and Frontend Developers in several business units globally.
● Creating the Design system together with the team, especially focusing on the quality of the UX design elements in our Design system
● Promoting human-centered design (HCD) methods and mindset enabling the organization to become more customer and user focused
● Supporting our businesses when they implement and execute their digital products.
● A leading position in design in a new and central organization of Digital ABB with a unique vantage point on the ongoing digital transformation in a large B2B tech-organization
● An opportunity to combine fantastic UI design with hardware to create great, holistic customer and user experiences
● An interesting and unique opportunity to work with wide-scale Design system in a very international working environment
● Several years’ experience of user interface design practices and a strong portfolio with excellent UX design, also within industrial applications and B2B environment.
● Ability to inspire and coach others in a multicultural environment
● Being in touch with the latest UI trends, techniques, and technologies, and experience working with Design systems
● Experience in working within an Agile/Scrum development process and human-centered design methods
● Ability to solve problems creatively and effectively
● Enthusiasm to build things in an evolving environment and to be a member of a team working to reach a common goal, while taking responsibility on an individual level
● Excellent communication skills in English; other languages are considered an advantage
If you have any questions, we’d be happy to answer. Please contact Marjukka Mäkelä, Head of UX Design, Digital ABB, marjukka.makela(a)fi.abb.com.
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI68401502 by June 2nd, 2019 at www.abb.fi/uralle. Please note that the position will be filled as soon as we find the right person for the job.