Lead Systems Engineer
Lead Systems Engineer
Join Eaton and help us provide energy-efficient solutions that have a real impact on the environment. We make what matters work. Find out more on https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=baa_aiJ4L7E
Do you want to work for a global player, where we care about ethics, inclusion and diversity and our people?
Eaton manufactures 3-phase UPS devices and energy storage converters for the EMEA market at our facility in Espoo.
As a Lead Systems Engineer you will work within the engineering team, focusing on the product development and design of power conversion products and systems, from initial customer proposal through production launch.
This is a senior position with global project responsibility. You will work closely with colleagues in the Espoo site, as well as teams in China and US.
Your key deliverables:
- Responsible for systems engineering activities including customer/market specification review, technical requirements development, system performance prediction, requirements tracking, and review of verification and validation testing
- Leads power electronics development activities, including electronic subassembly design (schematics, PCB layout) and testing
- Participates actively in technology development and innovates new ideas
- Reviews engineering design prior to release
- Analyzes product performance to establish operating data and conduct experimental tests
- Participates in different project-related studies and analysis
- Oversees and supports overall product design – electrical, electronics, embedded software, mechanical
- Develops and mentors other engineers (globally) and acts as an internal technical consultant
What are we looking for?
- Min. B.Sc. degree in electrical engineering or equivalent
- 8 years of experience in electrical product design
- Design experience with UPS and/or other power electronic products: understanding of hardware, firmware and mechanical design
- Experience in handling complex technical matters
- Fluency in English, Finnish is not a must
- Strong work ethic
- Communication and interpersonal skills
- Problem-Solving skills
- Experience with UPS technologies
We would like to hear about you!
What Eaton offers:
- Challenging projects in a dynamic organisation
- Excellent working environment – safety and ethics are really important for us
- Eaton Business System offering various tools for management and people development
- Culture & Values - at Eaton, our values and culture define who we are
- Inclusion & Diversity - openness to diversity widens our access to the best talent. Inclusion allows us to engage that talent fully
- Wellness - Wellness at Eaton is more than a program, it’s about changing the environment by offering the right tools to help empower employees to make that happen
Eaton’s mission is to improve the quality of life and the environment through the use of power management technologies and services. We provide sustainable solutions that help our customers effectively manage electrical, hydraulic, and mechanical power – more safely, more efficiently, and more reliably. Eaton’s 2019 revenues were $21.4 billion, and we sell products to customers in more than 175 countries. We have approximately 101,000 employees. For more information, visit www.eaton.com.
Candidate applying to the vacancy will be subject of the background screening.
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters. We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Region: Europe, Middle East, Africa
Organization: PQED Power Quality Division EMEA
Job Level: Individual Contributor
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: No
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time