Lead Software Engineer – Remote & Autonomous Solutions
Kongsberg Maritime Finland Oy
Are you interested in working with solutions for remote controlled and autonomous vessels? An exciting opportunity has arisen within the Ship Intelligence, Remote & Autonomous Solutions team in Turku as a Lead Software Engineer. In this role you will be responsible for internal and external software engineering teams developing software for Kongsberg Maritime Remote Monitoring and Control Center solutions. You will be responsible of software development and testing as well as tools, methods and processes used for the software development, supported by KONGSBERG experts.
You will be playing a vital part in the pioneering team creating ground breaking solutions for our customers.
- To provide technical leadership to the Software engineering team and ensure compliance to processes throughout the life cycle activity
- Leading SW designing, implementing, testing, delivering and maintaining
- Manage documentation of our software deliveries and systems
- Monitor and manage quality of our software deliveries and systems
- Manage local software development tools, processes and standards
- Proactively suggest ways of improvements for software engineering processes and standards
- Support our engineering teams to prepare software specifications (requirements, architectural drawings etc.) and further review/approve those specifications
- Support to evaluate and select partners and suppliers for development of software solutions and further manage these suppliers
Key Experiences and Qualifications
- BSc or MSc degree level preferred in Computer science, Information Technology, Automation, Systems Engineering or equal
- 5+ years of overall experience of software engineering, testing, related processes and/or software quality control
- Demonstrated communication, analytical, and programming skills in one or more of following languages and tools: C / C++, C#, Python, UML, SysML
- Experience with network architectures
- Experience with audio and video transfer through network
- Experience with DevOps processes
- Good level of knowledge related to software development tools, methods and processes
- Knowledge and understanding of products and processes utilized to support software lifecycle management and version control.
- Positive mindset and out of the box thinking
- Excellent team player with good verbal and written English communication skills
- Experienced to work in Agile environment by using Agile methodologies
- Experience of functional safety processes (IEC / ISO) is preferable
- Experience on working in multicultural, multivendor environments
- Experience with microservices architecture and containerization
- Experienced in implementing high-availability systems
Work location: Turku, Finland
More about us
KONGSBERG is a global technology powerhouse delivering mission-critical solutions with extreme performance for extreme conditions. We work with nations, businesses and research environments to push the boundaries of technology development. Remote & Autonomous Solutions is part of Kongsberg Maritime’s large and global Ship Intelligence team.
To apply, please leave your CV and application at https://www.kongsberg.com/careers/vacancies/lead-software-engineer-/ by the 10.12.2019, at the latest.
For more information, please contact Mr. Arto Teinilä, Technical Product Manager – Remote & Autonomous Solutions, at +358 500 598 886 on 29.11.2019 and 05.12.2019 between 12.00-16.00.
We offer unique positions in the challenging field of global maritime business with excellent development opportunities. Come and join the team in creating new technologies for the future.