Lead Software Developer, Elisa Automate (Helsinki, Tampere)
Would you like to join a growing team of professionals who are providing state-of-the-art automation solutions for international customers?
Elisa Automate is a team within Elisa's international business domain and the start to a great success story. We started our journey as an internal startup. We managed to automate our own network so well that we now offer our automation solution to operators worldwide, to help them with automation in planning, operations and optimization of radio networks.
Our agile team is now scaling further and looking for new talented members to join the crew. We do software development with modern tools, DevOps practices and tech stack.
We are looking for a Lead Software Developer to guide our team and help us scale up our Virtual Network Operation Center (Virtual NOC) product. Elisa's NOC has been fully automated since 2010. Today, no one is required to operate the NOC, and we are now selling this solution to customers worldwide.
Your strong focus will be on leading development technology-wise and in addition of writing code you will serve as a bridge between the technology and the business side.
In order for you to succeed in the role, we expect you to have:
- 10+ years of software development experience.
- Proven experience of leading development teams, including coaching and growing team members.
- Deep understanding of agile theory and practice.
- Excellent technical skills combined with understanding and interest in business.
- Experience of the main technologies: Kotlin, Kafka, Kubernetes, Springboot, ElasticSearch, Golang, Python.
- Experience or Knowledge of various microservices and communication patterns.
- Experience with databases: MySQL/MariaDB, Postgres, GraphQL .
- Experience or Knowledge of various levels/types of testing.
- Experience of working with software product development and delivery is appreciated.
- Knowledge of radio network technologies and associated systems is very much appreciated but not by any means required, you will learn the domain!
We are not your ordinary telco corporation. Working in our team is, according to the team members, very much like working in a startup - except you don't have to worry about the financial aspects.
Our team is highly international, and our working language is English. Most of our team is based in Helsinki and some in Tampere, but like the rest of the elisians, we can work flexibly wherever and whenever it suits us best. Elisa is by proof one of the best places to work in Finland, and we can't wait for you to join us! Check out more reasons to join us.
Sounds like your cup of tea? Shoot us an application as soon as possible and we will get in touch with you! For questions or further discussion, don't hesitate to get in touch with Otso at otso.palonen[at]elisa.fi.
We will perform a legitimate security clearance on the chosen candidate, which in turn requires having been a resident of Finland for a good number of years before the security clearance can be done.