ABB is a leader in power and automation technologies that enable utility and industry customers to improve their performance while lowering environmental impact. The ABB Group of companies operates in around 100 countries and employs about 140,000 people. To the shipping industry, ABB offers an extensive portfolio of integrated marine systems and solutions that improve the flexibility, reliability and energy efficiency of vessels. By coupling power, automation and advisory, proven fuel-efficient technologies and services that ensure maximum vessel uptime, ABB is in a unique position to improve the profitability of customers' business throughout the entire lifecycle of a fleet.
We are looking for a Lead Engineer at ABB Oy, Marine and Ports unit in Helsinki, Vuosaari. In this position, you will lead engineering in Azipod® delivery projects. Your tasks include the coordination of project engineering team and cooperation with different stakeholders from suppliers and customers to the classification society.
• Monitoring and leading the Azipod® delivery projects in cooperation with the project manager and several stakeholders
• Scheduling of project engineering according to agreed milestones, resource planning, following up on the engineering work, and reporting
• Approving technical documentation
• Communicating with customers
• A challenging full time position in an international working environment
• The opportunity to develop your professional skills and become an expert in your field
• B.Sc. or M.Sc. in mechanical or electrical engineering
• A few years’ relevant work experience
• Basic knowledge of mechanical dimensioning and standards
• Basic knowledge of Enterprise resource planning (ERP), such as SAP
• Willingness for travelling
• Organized and willing to take responsibility
• Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
• Excellent communication skills
• Good written and spoken English skills
Ideally, you have
• Knowledge of classification society regulations, electric power transmission, and the marine industry
Interested in joining the crew? Apply for the position with the job ID FI67209234 by November 25, 2018 at www.abb.fi/uralle.
If you have questions, contact Kalle Potila, tel. +358 50 33 26 095 on Tuesday Nov 13 at 9-12 or on Thursday Nov 22 at 9-11:30.
ABB is a pioneering technology leader in electrification products, robotics and motion, industrial automation and power grids, serving customers in utilities, industry and transport & infrastructure globally. Continuing a history of innovation spanning more than 130 years, ABB today is writing the future of industrial digitalization with two clear value propositions: bringing electricity from any power plant to any plug and automating industries from natural resources to finished products. As title partner of Formula E, the fully electric international FIA motorsport class, ABB is pushing the boundaries of e-mobility to contribute to a sustainable future. ABB operates in more than 100 countries with about 135,000 employees of whom around 5,300 in Finland. www.abb.com