Lead Developer / Senior Developer (Design Studio)Veikkaus
Veikkaus creates joy through games and protects it. We want to make sure that gambling in Finland is kept on the joyful side. All our actions are guided by sustainability. We want to be a trailblazer in the gaming industry, and a trendsetter of a responsible player experience. Wellbeing is our passion. It is important that our employees enjoy coming to work every day. We offer versatile and extensive employee benefits. With us, you get to do work that makes a difference, in a spirited work community that is constantly developing. Let’s work together – to keep gambling on the joyful side.
We are looking for
Lead Developer / Senior Developer (Design Studio)
For full-time employment
Veikkaus Design Studio is a forerunner in applying new technologies and bold experimentation when it comes to development of devices, platforms and UX for multi-channel gaming experience. We are now looking for a Lead or Senior Developer to join our agile design and development team.
As part of the team, you will be responsible for shaping the technological landscape, architecture and best practices for our current and future gaming UX and UI. You will also act as an essential link between the front-end development team and Lead Developers of other teams.
Main responsibilities include:
- Evaluate, propose and guide implementation of technologies that will take our gaming services to the next level
- Work on the implementation of digital service enablers and UI features
- Act as a main technical contact of the team and participate in Lead Developer planning sessions to enable holistic SW solutions across the company
This is an exceptional opportunity to bring your full potential to the table and develop your position according to your interest and talent.
- Benefits of a large company with advantages of a smaller studio.
- Possibility to participate in and influence large multifaceted projects, bringing fun to millions of people. We develop our own hardware and software, so the possibilities for experimentation and innovation are almost limitless.
- Self-driven teams. We believe that autonomous teams can create best customer experiences.
- Relaxed atmosphere and awesome co-workers.
- Possibility and active encouragement to broaden your skillset. We do monthly "competence development days" that are only dedicated to, well, competence development.
- Large slate of benefits including support for sports & cultural activities, health and dental plans, free glasses, phone, gym, free breakfast, nearly endless amount of coffee and healthy fruits offered daily!
- Competitive salary
Successful candidates will have:
- At least 5 years of experience with modern C++
- Wide experience in Qt and QML UI technologies.
- Experience in working with Linux environment
- Experience in developing REST interfaces
- Understanding and experience in implementing CI/CD best practices
- Passion for creating and publishing software. Feeling ownership of the product you work on.
It would be also great if you have:
- Interest in data driven design and personalization
- Experience in graphical compositor development (Wayland)
- Understanding of shader development
- Experience in game development
Our office is located in Pohjois-Haaga, Helsinki, Finland. We are working with hybrid model and developing our ways of working constantly.
Veikkaus as a company will perform a drug test, credit information check, and security clearance check (According to the Act on Security Clearance (726/2014)) to the person selected for the position.
Please send your application with CV and salary request included. We are waiting to hear from you soonest possible. The position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
For any inquiries about the position don't hesitate to contact Markus Viitasalo via email firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile +358505703887.