We are looking to strengthen our Data Platform team with an experienced Lead Developer to help us to develop new data management solutions as well as improve existing solutions. This position is located preferable in Helsinki, Finland.
What you’ll do
UPM Data Platform is where we consolidate data from all businesses and functions. You will be contributing to the core platform, serving many teams building business solutions. Typical engineer responsibilities include: collaborating with platform users, developing new components, preparing technical and user documentation, supporting operation teams.
Your main responsibilities are:
- Reviewing overall development activities (pull requests) in the platform
- Mentoring and coaching more junior team members
- Designing and developing new data platform services; and optimizing existing ones
- Documenting and providing training for relevant platform services
- Owning and managing day to day operations for relevant platform services
- Translating business / technical requirements into implementable chunks
Who you are
You are an analytical person who enjoys solving complex problems and delivering end-to-end solutions. You have a hands-on mentality and feel committed to the goals and deliverables of the team.
- You have proven track records in programming and general application development
- You have proven track records in designing cloud computing architecture
- You have a Degree in Information Systems or another applicable domain
- You have experience in processing a high volume of data
- You are familiar with our selected technologies (listed below), or the equivalent ones
- You communicate fluently in English. Finnish is a plus.
Our selected technologies
We have selected a set of modern technologies to handle our data stack:
- Azure DevOps for project management and CI/CD
- Azure Cloud for ingesting, hosting, or processing data in raw format
- Snowflake as the database engine and SQL interface for most data assets
- DBT for data transformation
- Programming languages/frameworks:
- SQL for data transformation
- Python and Bash for integration and scripting
- Typescript for full-stack development work
This is what we offer to you
- A workplace run on trust and empowerment
- Competitive compensation package
- Personal development opportunities within an international team of experts
We are looking forward to receiving your application. For further information about the position please contact Barona IT’s Lassi Jyrinsalo (040 7628992).
UPM is a non-smoking workplace in Finland.