Lead Design Engineer, Mechanical Engineering
Are you a Mechanical Engineering professional looking for a new challenge and an opportunity to further advance your skills in an enthusiastic working environment? Do you thrive in an international environment?
We are looking for a
Lead Design Engineer
to join our Mechanical Engineering team in Kilpilahti, Porvoo or Naantali, Turku area.
Your part in Neste’s journey
It is a great time to join us!
We will help our customers to reduce their greenhouse gas emissions by at least 20 million tons every year by 2030. If you are interested in to be a part of forward looking and innovative working environment and take concrete actions by creating responsible choices, join us, the 3rd most sustainable company in the world!
In your role, you will
• Act as a statical equipment expert and to strengthen our group of Lead Design Engineers in Mechanical Engineering.
• Support engineering projects in accordance with your expertise.
• Take Lead Engineer's responsibility within challenging, rewarding and diverse international process and energy industry projects.
• Share and develop your deep know-how and technical skills along with close collaboration with our clients and global resources.
You will work closely both with customer interface and our disciplines to strengthen engineering projects in different process and energy industry projects globally. Our work combines accountability, cooperation, and the desire to develop and renew. Working safely at all times is essential to all of us.
We have an international team of experts working in Mechanical Engineering. Our team is responsible for challenging, rewarding and diverse work tasks in study, basic engineering and detailed engineering project phases. We also support expediting and commissioning project phases in large scale investment projects.
Keys to success in this role
The best combination of experiences, skills and background is
• Bachelor or Master of Science degree in Mechanical Engineering, or a similar education.
• Minimum five years working experience in project work and a strong knowledge of static equipment e.g. vessels and heat exchangers.
• Experience of relevant standards, such as EN, ASME and API standards.
• Knowledge of relevant legislation such as Pressure Equipment Directive (PED), Machinery Directive (MD) and ATEX Directive.
• Experienced with static equipment in the areas for example detail engineering in manufacturing, workshop production, NDT-testing, expediting and commissioning.
• Excellent collaboration and communication skills in English, both spoken and written. Other language skills are considered an asset.
However less experienced candidates can be considered for a Design Engineer position.
We also value willingness to travel. The possibility to relocate internationally is considered an advantage.
In accordance, we believe in people who find new ways of doing things – people for whom safety and sustainability are part of their professional skills. Customer mindset is essential to all of us at Neste and we work hard to find the best solutions for our customers. We believe everyone is a leader and share a natural desire for collaboration. If all this, as well as our values on responsibility, cooperation, innovation and excellence resonate with you, you are the talent we are looking for.
Come and do meaningful work in a community that has its eyes set forward!
If you have any questions regarding the process or the position, please get in touch with Manager, Mechanical Mr. Tero Rakkolainen +358 (0)504 582 514.
Please submit your application by February 16th, 2020.
The recruitment process includes interviews and possible aptitude testing. Please note that we will start to process the applications immediately upon receipt.
The person selected for the position must pass a health examination including a drug test. A security clearance is obtained for the persons with their consent.