Lead Data Scientist
As Lead Data Scientist, you will play the central role in developing our AI solution for the forest industry, and utilize diverse geospatial data sets to develop machine learning models. You will work closely with our data engineers and developers, and provide guidance to other data scientists.
Our brand-new office is located in the “A Grid” center on the Aalto University campus in Espoo. You will collaborate with an inspiring team of world-class data scientists and report directly to our CTO. This is a great opportunity for an ambitious data scientist to see your models make an impact in the real world!
You have a solid theoretical background of machine learning and ample work experience in all aspects of data science, including data preparation, visualization, predictive modelling, and validation.
Our ideal candidate has:
- An advanced degree in Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, or other relevant quantitative field
- 4+ years professional experience in developing and validating machine learning algorithms, such as image analysis, classification, regression, or time series analysis
- Advanced Python programming skills with machine learning libraries such as numpy, scikit-learn, tensorflow / pytorch, OpenCV
- Practical experience deploying and running an ML-based production system in a Linux-based environment
- Good communication skills in Finnish and English
The following skills will be an advantage:
- Experience analysing Geospatial Data
- DevOps / Docker / Cloud Computing
Interested? Please get in touch with Christof Danzl, our CTO (email@example.com)