Lead Clinical Data Engineer
We are now looking for a professional with a digital data driven mindset to work in a challenging global role based in Finland in Espoo as
LEAD CLINICAL DATA ENGINEER
YOUR TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Support device data engineering tasks such as setup study device data collection, device data cleaning and pre-processing, reporting tools based on standards/ protocol device data requirements
• Contribute to the development and sharing of best Data practices
• Assist in implementation of import and export integrations and associated QA activities
• Provide operational and strategic direction across Sensors, electronic Clinical Outcomes Assessment (eCOA) and other direct patient data collection systems.
• Support Data Acquisition & Integration leadership and study teams in managing interactions with sensors, eCOA, EHR
• Ensure inspection readiness through quality oversight of vendors and high quality deliverables on a relationship level as well as for study specific implementation
• Collaborate with Data Acquisition Specialists to ensure standardized development of direct subject data source (devices, eCOA), EHR specification including testing, and implementation within studies
• Ensure appropriate implementation of data review tools for direct subject data source elements for study teams
WHO YOU ARE
• Master’s/Bachelor’s degree in a natural science, Statistics, Computer Science, Math or a related field
• At least 5 years of study and/or project level experience as a Data Engineer in supportive and leading roles, or as a project-leading role in a scientific, data-driven position in the medical research area.
• At least 2 years of experience should demonstrate full responsibility as a Data Engineer, or equivalent roles in a scientific, data-driven position in the medical research area.
• Preferably at study and/or project level experience as a Data Engineer in supportive and leading roles, or as a project-leading role in a scientific, data-driven position in the medical research area.
• Experience with Big data technology Infrastructure and Hardware, Data Integration Tools for Collaboration
• In-depth experience in programming on commonly used technology platforms for data acquisition and associated review, and reporting is preferable
• Strong programming environment skills in Python is required; related libraries; R experience a plus
• Data-driven mindset in the business with strong data engineering skills
• Effective written and verbal communication in English
We offer a competitive compensation and challenging role in an international environment with a chance to develop your skills and experience further. To be considered for this exciting opportunity, please submit your application by Sunday September 20, 2020 via www.bayer.fi under "Meille töihin > Avoimet Työpaikat".
If you feel this unique role is just what you are looking for, we are keen to hear from you! For further information, please contact Luiz Giorgiani, Head of Clinical Data Management RED II, Data Sciences & Analytics, Wednesday September 09 at 14.00–15.00 (EET) and Wednesday September 16 at 09.00–10.00 (EET), phone +358 400 807868.
Functional area: Clinical Development & Operations
Seniority level: Professional
Location: This position can be filled in Espoo, Reading (UK)