Valmet Automotive EV Power Oy
Speed has always been in our DNA. Become a member of our team and join us on the fast lane! With globally almost 4.500 employees and unlimited passion for mobility and innovation, Valmet Automotive is working on the future of the automobile. A clear focus on eDrive Engineering – paired with outstanding manufacturing competence – we are an experienced and visionary partner for development and production within an industry on the rise.
In our Electric Vehicle Business Line (EVBL) we develop and manufacture battery systems from 48V up to High Voltage for automotive and industrial applications. Valmet Automotive covers the full range from contract manufacturing to a TIER1 system supplier.
We are looking for Laboratory Leads to join our Quality team in shift work at the battery factory in Salo. The Laboratory Lead position is a Blue Collar role on our Quality and Laboratory team that will work on rotating shifts. The Laboratory Lead is responsible for helping our team complete complex testing and analysis needs in the Quality Control Laboratory on their shift, and will be assisting Laboratory Operators on the shift in testing, training, and planning.
- Acts as the quality organizations contact for ensuring that laboratory activities during the shift are taken in place and reported to relevant persons
- Coordinating laboratory tasks and resources together with Area Supervisor
- Training inspection-, measurement methods and tools to quality personnel
- Responsibilities in daily lab and measurement work and supporting laboratory engineering in analysis and decision making.
- Ensures that measurements and inspections are done with agreed procedures.
- Collecting and processing laboratory data and communicating it to relevant stakeholders.
- Opportunity to learn new skills and techniques, and to utilize specialized technical equipment with training.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Able to investigate and solve complex issues
- Previous experience from measurement technologies
- Able to report and document measurement data in traceable way
- Enjoy working in multifunctional role
- Work in a detailed and organized manner
- Proficient with using computers and office tools like Excel, Power Point, and Word
- Able to work fluently in written and spoken English
- Readiness for shift work
This is a most thrilling and responsible position in our new EV Systems business line, working one of our strategically most important topics – battery systems for e-mobility. You will be part of Valmet Automotive and part of building the future of automotive mobility and future oriented industrial solutions. Valmet Automotive with its typical Nordic calmness provides an internal footprint and an environment which enables employees to go to forward and succeed with theirs jobs. Where a long heritage as one of the world´s most significant car builders meets up the spirit of unlimited opportunities is Valmet Automotive, offering you a sense of accomplishment, a good work-life balance and a feeling of creating something new.
Please apply latest Sun 5.12.2021. The positions are filled as soon as the most suitable candidates are found.