We are now looking for a Lab Engineer to work for Microsoft in Espoo. This full-time and fixed term agreement starts on May 1st until the end of June 2019 + option for extension. The selected candidate will be working on Adecco’s payroll.
The goal of your work is to increase the understanding of how to build the best possible HoloLens experience for Microsoft's customers. Your primary focus will be on the characterization of microelectromechanical systems (MEMS) and opto-electronic components and sub-assemblies. You will also be tightly involved in maintenance and development of related measurement setups. As you strive for success in your role, you will master the upkeep and improvement of the equipment you use and you will develop methods to get valuable feedback and results out of the data you gather. The measurement results you generate will be stored, post-processed and analyzed thoroughly by you.
In previous positions you have proven responsibility and ownership for lab equipment. You are familiar with common electronics lab equipment, such as oscilloscopes and waveform generators. Experience of building and maintaining measurement setups as well as working with programming languages (preferably Matlab/Python/C#) is a high plus. Furthermore, experience in PCB design, lasers and/or MEMS will be highly beneficial.
You are able to work for solving the challenging problems together with other experts. Your work goes hand-in-hand with your team members as you depend on each other’s feedback and results.
You are working with dedication, focus and mindfulness. You are filled with positive energy and people in your surrounding are inspired by your personality - you are awesome at what you do.
The ideal candidate for this position has:
• Measurement / Characterization equipment operation ->2 years
• Maintenance of optical measurement equipment / setups
• Data analysis skills (preferably with Minilab / MATLAB / Python/C#)
• Minimum 2 years of work experience in relevant technical areas (i.e. electronics, test automation, optics, MEMS)
• MSc engineering degree or similar
• Ownership and responsibility for process/equipment demonstrated
• Fluent in at least one of following programming languages: Matlab, Python, C/C#
• Enthusiastic, thoroughly, communicative, responsible, active, dedicated, independent, organized, flexible and curious to learn more
• Written reports and documentation in English; data handling and data analysis
• Fluent English
We offer you a great opportunity to work for our global client company, where compliance is aligned with corporate values and seen as a key capability. You get to work close to different parts of the business in a company that leads new innovations in the IT industry.
Does this sound like something you have been looking for? Then we definitely want to hear from you today! Please apply by submitting your CV and application with salary request in English on our website www.adecco.fi. Deadline for application is 18.04.2018, but apply quickly, as the position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate has been found. More information about the position from our Adecco's HR Consultant Mona Marttinen by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.