CSC - Tieteen tietotekniikan keskus Oy
Would you like a summer job where you can challenge yourself, experiment, discover and get excited? We are looking for 20-25 summer trainees to work in different areas.
CSC is a non-profit state enterprise with special tasks, owned by the Finnish government and higher education institutions. We offer and develop world-class ICT services that enable our customers thrive and benefit society at large. (As a side note: it was CSC that connected Finland to the Internet in 1988). As a trainee, you will have the opportunity to work with unique tasks and develop your skills and a potential future career in an accomplished and supportive work community.
We are particularly seeking students who already have some experience and will be able to turn their recent studies into practical expertise. If you are a motivated and enthusiastic team player, who is eager to learn more , don't hesitate to apply!
We offer unique and interesting summer jobs in following areas:
1. Software development Software development and programming tasks in different projects. Also application development and user interface programming. Examples of technologies that are in use: Python, Java, REST, SQL,script, Linux/CentOS7, RabbitMQ, PostgreSQL, Redis ,NextCloud, GlusterFS, PHP, Bash, Django, Elasticsearch, Gunicorn, Nginx, SolrFlask, React.js, Jinja, Nginx, Solr, CKAN, Ansible, Jenkins, Vagrant, JIRA, Flowdock, Gitlab, Github, Sphinx, OpsView, RT, Grafana, SNMP traps, Angular, Node.js, Java Spring Boot. If you have knowledge of some of these technologies and are willing to learn more, this could be an interesting possibility for you.
2. System administration and customer service. Linux administration skills and/or knowledge of Microsoft server technologies are appreciated.
3. AI, machine learning and data management. Participating in data science or machine learning development projects. Tasks include data preprocessing, programming and data analysis and assisting in data analytics courses. Also some tasks related to data management and tools for scientific data, with appropriate security designs. Examples of technologies that are in use, depending on the task: R, Python, Tensorflow, PyTorch, Spark, SQL, metadata standards
4. Technical documentation, UX development and design, user management. Tasks are related for example to surveying and developing user experience (UX design) and supporting IdM management team in data system maintenance and development (user management).
5. Network (FUNET) administration and development Datacenter system administration, maintenance and DCIM work.Basic knowledge on network administration as routers, switches, WDM technologies, fiber networks (network position) or basic knowledge on workplace safety, cooling and power infrastructure (datacenter position) are appreciated.
6. Data analytics. Producing reports, developing, testing and using methods and tools for data analytics.
7. Content producer trainee. Tasks include producing training materials and web content for Research Data Management Competence Center. You are a creative person with technical and graphical skills in digital media, fluent English and Finnish and preferably insight in research and/or pedagogy.
8. Coordinator and communications trainee. Multiple tasks in different projects. Tasks related to project assistance, event coordination, collecting background information and doing reports, visualization and communications. Some of the positions require excellent Finnish language skills.
9. Supporting policy work in EU projects, EU project support, analysis on funding opportunities. Suitable field of study could be for example social sciences, especially a combination of political science and communications.
10. Internal services, for example HR, marketing and communications, finance.
Our summer trainees usually work from May to August, but other times are also possible. Duration is typically 3-4 months.
Please mention in the application which of the areas you are interested to work in and mention also which technologies you are familiar with, especially if you are applying for software development positions.
You can fill in your application either in Finnish or English.
Welcome to the team!
Please send your application through our recruitment pages www.csc.fi/rekry no later than 28.2.2020
We may interview possible candidates already during the application period and selection will be done right after we will find suitable persons for these summer trainee positions.
We will contact all candidates about the status of the recruitment process by 13.3.2020 at the latest.