Do you want to do software testing that saves lives? Do you want to develop as a professional in an international environment? We are looking for Junior Test Engineers for our client PerkinElmer. PerkinElmer enables scientists, researchers, and clinicians to address their most critical challenges across science and healthcare. When working with PerkinElmer you really have the opportunity to make a positive impact on babies and mothers lives. Do you want to join a team of enthusiastic professionals? Read more and apply as soon as possible!
ABOUT THE ROLE
PerkinElmer is a global technology company dedicated to creating a healthier world for all of us. The Turku Site, with 650 employees, represents one of PerkinElmers major manufacturing and product development sites for newborn-, maternal fetal health-, and prenatal screening. In PerkinElmer meaningful work arises to a whole new level. Junior Software Test Engineers play important quality assurance role in our new next generations world class multitenant SaaS solution. New persons will have the chance to be part of a truly international multi-site project team creating the next generation newborn screening platform software.
You are offered
* Meaningful job in an international organization
* With PerkinElmer you will have clearly defined role and frames, within which you have safe freedom to act
* Competitive salary and other benefits
* Opportunity to gain expertise, alongside a team of top technology professionals
* In this role you can choose your own location anywhere in Finland: work from home or at the office in Turku.
In this position, your job duties will cover software verification and testing in web-based cloud environment. Working days consists of test planning according to product development processes, test automation design, test execution and reporting. PerkinElmer work according to agile procedures and DevOps methods. The exact job duties will depend on your skills and interests, but will include, for example:
* Software testing and verification
* Test automation design
Description of the working environment in technical language:
* Test automation toolset is PlaywrightSharp library with SpecFlow framework for UI testing of Gherkin scenarios
* C# based XUnit framework with HttpClient for API testing and with PlaywrightSharp for other UI testing.
* UI component tests for front-end as unit tests related to Angular Code, these are written in Jasmine and run in Karma using NodeJS.
* Jira Cloud, Zephyr Squad and Github
We dont expect you to be familiar with all the job duties and techniques. A testers mindset, fast learning skills, strong drive and motivation to achieve set goals and team working skills on cross-site level together with some suitable experience in manual, automation and web-based system test design and testing at different layers (UI, API, Data) will carry far.
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
In this position, you can be a future talent at the beginning of your career or a professional who has already gained more experience. The people we are looking for may have a background in IT, chemistry or physics, for example. We hope that you already have some experience in software testing. C# is the main programming language used in the role, but we would like to hear about your skills in different programming languages and techniques. In this position, your attitude and willingness to learn play key parts.
* You have a testers mindset
* Suitable educational background, for example: masters or bachelors degree in software, instrumentation or chemistry.
* Basic skills in C# or you are familiar with C/C++ and you are eager to learn C#
* Understanding of automation testing
* Good communication skills in English, Finnish is seen as an advantage
All previous experience in automation testing and understanding of the verification and Quality Assurance process are appreciated and ISTQB-certification is considered as a valuable addition.
As a person you are:
* Eager to learn and develop
* Start: As soon as possible
* Work extent: Permanent
* Location: Turku or remote work from anywhere in Finland
* Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from PerkinElmer that all questions regarding the position are handled by
Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
PerkinElmer enables scientists, researchers and clinicians to address their most critical challenges across science and healthcare. The PerkinElmer Group is one of the world's leading health technology companies and is committed to innovating for a healthier world. PerkinElmer operates in more than 150 countries and has around 650 employees in Finland. One of PerkinElmer's largest R&D and manufacturing units (Wallac Oy) is located in Turku, Finland, where devices, reagents and software are developed and manufactured, and research for disease screening is carried out.