Junior Technical Writer
We are looking for a soon graduating or recently graduated technical writer to further strengthen our Design and Documentation team in Tampere.
As a junior technical writer, your tasks include communicating about M Files features to both technical and non-technical users in a clear and understandable way. You update the M-Files user guide as well as other product documentation to help M-Files end users to succeed in their tasks. You work in close co-operation with other technical writers, UX designers, developers, and product managers.
In addition, your tasks include:
- Creating easy-to-understand user interface texts
- Proofreading product documentation
- Managing translations with a localization vendor
- Translating documentation into Finnish
- Updating and developing our DITA-based documentation tools
What we expect from you
- Excellent communication skills in English and Finnish
- Understanding of structured documentation
- Familiarity with MS Office
- Capability to work both independently and with colleagues from various teams
In addition, these are an advantage
- Programming skills and an interest in updating our DITA Open Toolkit publishing plugins
- Working experience in technical communication or localization
- Skills in other languages
Our guiding principles are Make It Happen, Help Others, and Love Customers. In internal surveys, M-Filers say that the best part of the job is the spirit of M-Files where we support each other. At M-Files, you will have great opportunities to become a professional in technical communication while working with an information management product that is changing the market. You will also have the possibility to improve the ways of working. We offer good occupational health services and a free-time accident insurance as well as lunch, exercise, and culture benefits. During covid-19 times, most of us work remotely.
We would like to hear from you soon, so please send you CV and a short application letter by the 7th of March at the latest.