Are you looking for a permanent Junior position on the field of ICT? Are you interested in working with IoT in a global context? We have an excellent opportunity for you! We are looking for you
We at Studentwork are looking for a Junior System Integration and Validation Engineer for our client Altair Semiconductor. The position is permanent, full-time and you will be hired directly to Altair. The work will start as soon as possible.
As a system integration and validation engineer you will be responsible for verifying the firmware and hardware implementation of the Cellular IoT modem, making sure it is compliant with the 3GPP standard and other product specifications. You will be developing the test environments and scripts, analyzing the device and its firmware behavior and identifying issues. You are responsible for the modem software stack quality and conformity.
The platform you will be working is on Altair’s newest chipset, designed especially for the IoT market, highly integrated and consuming super low power. The core technology you will be testing is completely new and exciting!Altair Semiconductor, a Sony Group Company, is a leading provider of Cellular IoT chipsets, playing a pivotal role in realizing the vision of the Internet of Things (IoT). As the IoT expands to include all types of connected “things”, Altair’s ultra-low-power and ultra-small chipset solutions are turning Cellular IoT into reality. Our vision has changed what is possible for device makers that rely on us to connect millions of devices. Altair chipsets can be found in wearables, vehicle telematics, smart utility meters, personal & logistics trackers, home appliances, consumer electronics, and many other IoT devices. Our chipsets keep them connected to today’s LTE networks and ready for 5G IoT. Altair Semiconductor is proudly shipping millions of units to customers around the world connecting to the world’s tier-1 cellular networks.Headquartered in Israel, Altair has offices in the U.S, China, India, Japan, Canada, France and Taiwan, and a R&D center in Oulu, Finland. This opportunity will provide you the first class experience in IoT field! Read more about Altair Semiconductor here: https://altair-semi.com/Main tasks
- Integrating, testing and debugging new functions in LTE protocol stac
- Developing core-modem cellular IoT test scripts on eNodeB emulators
- Identifying and debugging issues at the system level
- Developing test campaigns and automated test environment
We offer you
- BSc/Master studies in wireless communications engineering or computer science or electrical engineering
- Hands on experience in developing automated tests using Python or other scripting language
- You know how to define, develop and organize test campaigns and automations.
- All-around player, capable of understanding and even functioning at multiple layers of the solution (from PHY thru L2/L3 and up to networking)
- Excellent engineering skills – problem solving, pragmatic approach, broad system view
- Good communication skills (oral and in writing) in English
- Advantage: Knowledge of 3GPP Protocol Stack integration and testing of cellular modems (2G/3G/4G/5G)
Apply for the position now!
- Entry level position where you will have time to learn and grow, and to develop your skills as a professional
- An opportunity to gain valuable experience in an international company
- The support of a small team
- An excellent onboarding process and training
If you recognise yourself in this description, apply for the position by 31.1.2021. However, we urge you to act quickly – we will proceed with potential candidates immediately. For further information, please contact Recruitment Team Manager Saara Niskanen (firstname.lastname@example.org). Please note that we cannot receive applications via email due to data protection, and that we handle all inquiries on behalf of our client company.Additional information on our recruitment process
At Studentwork, we believe that succeeding at work does not always take vast experience – soft skills and the will to develop will also bring you success. This is why our recruitment process involves a personality assessment that aims to evaluate soft skills essential for this role. By assessing soft skills, we can help those with less experience to identify and describe their own strengths more effectively, and to find employment quicker and more easily.
When applying through us, you will receive a personal feedback report based on the personality assessment to refer to later. The recruitment process also involves an interview with both Studentwork and the client company, so you will get to know both of us as the recruitment process progresses. About Studentwork
Studentwork is the leader in soft skills driven recruitment and trusted advisor for talents and companies in the Nordics. We help the new generation of talents to find their dream job by identifying their soft skills and true potential.
By using data, we create understanding of our candidates’ strengths and ambitions while minimizing blind spots and biases. We find the right candidate for the job, and the right job for the candidate!