Do you want to make code that saves lives? Do you want to develop as a professional in an international environment? We are looking for Junior Software Developers for our client PerkinElmer. PerkinElmer enables scientists, researchers, and clinicians to address their most critical challenges across science and healthcare. When working with PerkinElmer you really have the opportunity to make a positive impact on babies and mothers lives. Do you want to join a team of enthusiastic professionals? Read more and apply as soon as possible!
ABOUT THE ROLE
PerkinElmer is a global technology company dedicated to creating a healthier world for all of us. The Turku Site, with 650 employees, represents one of PerkinElmers major manufacturing and product development sites for newborn-, maternal fetal health-, and prenatal screening. In PerkinElmer meaningful work arises to a whole new level. The Finnish office and production facility is located in Turku, but in software development roles you are also free to work completely remotely.
You are offered
* Meaningful job in an international organization
* Varied job duties and interesting projects
* Competitive salary and other benefits
* Opportunity to gain expertise, alongside a team of top technology professionals
* Opportunity to work remotely
In this role, you will work as part of a software development team of around twenty people. You work on different projects in a modern and agile way. You will be supported by a team with expertise in front-end development, cloud services and cyber security. You will work on diverse, challenging, and interesting projects. Team uses different kind of tools and techniques, for example C#, Angular, PostgreSQL, AWS, Selenium and Playwright. The exact job duties will depend on your skills and interests, but will include, for example:
* Developing and creating solutions with your team
* Front-end development
* Participating in co-operation meetings
* Communication with various stakeholders
WE ARE LOOKING FOR
In this position, you can be a future talent at the beginning of your career or a professional who has already gained more experience. The people we are looking for may have a background in IT, chemistry or physics, for example. We hope that you already have some experience in application development. C# is the main programming language used in the role, but we would like to hear about your skills in different programming languages and techniques. In this position, your attitude and willingness to learn are very important.
* Suitable education background, for example IT, chemistry, or physics
* Some experience in software development
* Basic skills in C# or you are familiar with C/C++ and you are eager to learn C#
* Good communication skills in English, Finnish is seen as an advantage
Experience with Angular, PostgreSQL, AWS, Azure, CI/CD tools, Selenium, and/or Playwright are considered as advantage. Let's get to know each other and figure out together if this position is suitable for you. Please attach a cover letter to your application.
As a person you are:
* Eager to learn and develop
* Start: As soon as possible
* Work extent: Permanent
* Location: Turku, or remote work from anywhere in Finland
* Contact information: This recruitment process is conducted by Academic Work. It is a request from PerkinElmer that all questions regarding the position are handled by
Our selection process is continuous and the advert may close before the recruitment process is completed if we have moved forward to the screening or interview phase.
PerkinElmer enables scientists, researchers and clinicians to address their most critical challenges across science and healthcare. The PerkinElmer Group is one of the world's leading health technology companies and is committed to innovating for a healthier world. PerkinElmer operates in more than 150 countries and has around 650 employees in Finland. One of PerkinElmer's largest R&D and manufacturing units (Wallac Oy) is located in Turku, Finland, where devices, reagents and software are developed and manufactured, and research for disease screening is carried out.