Junior Legal CounselSt1 Nordic Oy
Is your ambition to be a key player in the energy transition from fossil fuels to renewable energy? In St1, we make things happen for a better and greener future! St1’s vision is to be the leading producer and seller of CO2-aware energy. To live true to our vision, we are now looking for JUNIOR LEGAL COUNSEL. This is a temporary position lasting until spring 2024.
As a Junior Legal Counsel, you will work as a key member of the legal team in the St1 Helsinki office. Your general, everyday interaction will run across all St1 business units in Finland as well as Sweden and Norway. The tasks may be modified depending on the selected candidate's experience and interests, but daily tasks consist of analyzing and investigating a variety of legal matters, contract drafting and negotiation, providing legal support to business units in numerous areas, corporate governance and compliance monitoring including AML and sanction screening. We appreciate eagerness towards e.g. IPRs as well as legislation in the context of renewable energy and retail business.
Your key responsibilities include:
- Assisting in negotiating and concluding contracts
- Advising in IP-related contractual matters
- Ensuring and monitoring i.a. GDPR compliance with the DPO
- Monitor relevant legal developments and communicate these to the business and head of departments
- Other legal matters depending on the selected candidate's experience and interests
- You will report to local Corporate Counsel
As an St1 colleague your future co-workers expect you to have a willingness to develop by learning from others, challenging conventional ways of working. You strive for life-long learning. You are an ideal team player in supporting others but also challenge your colleagues if necessary. You are committed and ambitioned to grow in your role.
The Junior Legal Counsel we are looking for has or is:
- Recently graduated or a law student close to graduating ( at least four years of legal studies)
- Willingness to learn and grow as a legal professional
- An analytical and curious mindset and ability to break down a problem into small, detailed parts to better understand the big picture.
- General awareness of the legal and business-related issues around the renewable energy market and value chain as well as an interest in general compliance, governance, and EU contract principles.
- Fluent verbal and written communication skills in English - Finnish, Swedish and Norwegian skills are considered an asset.
In addition to the qualifications above, you have excellent cooperation and networking skills as well as a development-oriented attitude. Prior relevant working experience will be considered as a plus. You are self-imposed and enjoy taking initiative. You are also curious and like to work close to business. One of your most important assets is the ability to identify, pursue and develop relevant objectives.
We offer you a versatile and challenging working environment where you get the opportunity to develop yourself and to work with a group of professionals that have true passion for their work and mission. Further, in St1, you can see and be part of the whole value chain of energy transition in a constantly growing and innovative energy company with a clear vision and drive. The workplace is located along good transport connections in Helsinki (Tripla).
Are you the curious person with an innovative mindset whom we are looking for? Please submit your online application by 09.10.2022, including your CV and salary expectation. Please note that we will start discussions with the most suitable candidates already during the application period, and the position will be filled as soon as the suitable candidate is found.
The recruitment process is carried out in cooperation with Barona.
For more information about the role or the recruitment process, please contact:
Recruitment Consultant Julia Leppänen, tel. +358 46 922 7672, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Corporate Counsel / St1 Nordic Oy Johanna Kurronen, email email@example.com.